MOTS director lays out strict guidelines for Phuket tour operators

webfact

MOTS director lays out strict guidelines for tour operators
Phuket Gazette

pkt1.jpeg
Santi Pawai, director the Ministry of Tourism and Sports Phuket Office, lays out his plans for reigning in tour operators in the year ahead. Photo: Chutharat Plerin

Santi Pawai, director the Ministry of Tourism and Sports Phuket Office, lays out his plans for reigning in tour operators in the year ahead. Video: PGTV

PHUKET: Hundreds of tour operators gathered earlier this month to listen in on the government’s plans for Phuket's tourism industry for the upcoming year.

Santi Pawai, director of the Ministry of Tourism and Sports (MOTS) Phuket Office revealed his plans, which include the completion of several projects already in the works (story here).

“We talked to the tour operators about our 2016 plan to make sure they are on the same page with us. I have made myself very clear that I will do whatever it takes to make Phuket a safe place for tourists,” said Mr Santi. “Those who do not follow the law will face the highest penalty.”

The tour guides and operators were briefed on eight different aspects of the industry.

TOUR OPERATORS AND TOUR COUNTER SERVICES

Identification cards have been issued to nearly 1,000 people who have been trained and approved to sell tour packages throughout the island.

Card holders are Thai nationals only and must carry their ID at all times.

“We will look to issue more ID cards soon. We already have about 500 more people in line for our next training session,” Mr Santi noted.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/MOTS-director-lays-strict-guidelines-tour-operators/62981?desktopversion#ad-image-1

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-01-26