Best place for a proper British roast?

MillieOOO

Hi and welcome.

This may not help you much if you are new in Bangkok and without connections, but do put it at the back of your mind that the British Club Bangkok (Silom, near Narai Hotel) probably has the best British style roasts in Bangkok at weekends. However, you need to be a member or be invited by a member to eat there. So stay alert for any possible connection to a member - could be any nationality since Club is not restricted to just Brits. Good luck in your quest for the roast!

Hi and welcome.

This may not help you much if you are new in Bangkok and without connections, but do put it at the back of your mind that the British Club Bangkok (Silom, near Narai Hotel) probably has the best British style roasts in Bangkok at weekends. However, you need to be a member or be invited by a member to eat there. So stay alert for any possible connection to a member - could be any nationality since Club is not restricted to just Brits. Good luck in your quest for the roast!

What makes it the best?

I do have a friend who is a member so I could drop by but please tell me why its worth the journey.

Hi and welcome.

What makes it the best?

I do have a friend who is a member so I could drop by but please tell me why its worth the journey.

Because they serve it "rare" and not overcooked like most Brit pubs

Hi and welcome.

What makes it the best?

I was rather hoping you'd tell me they fluff up the roasties before cooking them in goose fat to perfection or that the veggies and gravy were the finest you'd ever tasted.

I prefer my roast beef a little more than pink myself.

Hi and welcome.

What makes it the best?

? moo...rare enough?

The Kiwi bar and grill, Sukhumvit, Soi 8 from noon to 6 PM

4 choices of roast meats and all the trimmings including Yorkshire pudding for 395 baht which includes soup and two visits to the carvery.

Best I've ever had in Thailand

post-194842-14543371942025_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Jools -- Nana soi 4. I've never been in there, but have ordered many times for delivery from Food-by-Phone. Always delicious, good quality, and very generous portions. The Yorkshire pud's are very, very, large (toad in the hole). But I'm a Yank, so take my recommendation with an appropriate amount of salt.