What has Thailand taught you about love? Anything?

Gecko123

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May your lovely self and wifey continue to have many a beautiful day together for many more years to come

I think you are experiencing the exilerating feeling of having your world now revolve around another person, a person you love, rather than around yourself as a single man. You are no longer the center of your own existance. Now you have cause to think..."what can I do for somebody else, not the...what's in it for me attitude that I myself had for much of my life".

Edited by dotpoom

The wise man learns from the experiences of his predecessors, while the arrogant fool rushes in, to learn everything “the hard way”.whistling.gif

Unless the vast majority of Western Expats have become increasingly more stupid (throughout the years), the realities, re: the Op’s topic thread, should be abundantly clear by now; especially after 50-years of publicly documented “farang” experiences, in SE Asia wai2.gif .

The wise man learns from the experiences of his predecessors, while the arrogant fool rushes in, to learn everything “the hard way”.whistling.gif

Unless the vast majority of Western Expats have become increasingly more stupid (throughout the years), the realities, re: the Op’s topic thread, should be abundantly clear by now; especially after 50-years of publicly documented “farang” experiences, in SE Asia wai2.gif .

Phew, that was a breathless rant....are you ok (as they say)?

Phew, that was a breathless rant....are you ok (as they say)?

Diito! Apparently, you are not "ok" (as they say). My point, exactly confirmed. Thank you,cheesy.gif

Edited by TuskegeeBen

That it's possible to fall in love, then out, and then in love again with the same person.

That true forgiveness takes time and courage.

That sharing a similar sense of humor is a powerful bond which helps get you through the rough patches.

How wet can you get?

gecko guuuguuuguu....just swallowed my vomit .............

Edited by mikiea

That it's possible to fall in love, then out, and then in love again with the same person.

That sharing a similar sense of humor is a powerful bond which helps get you through the rough patches.

Amen to that philosophy, Gecko.clap2.gif

Edited by TuskegeeBen

How wet can you get?

I hear you: schmaltzy, syrupy, saccharine, overly sentimental, reads like a Hallmark card.

It's all true.

But what I wrote is also true; it's what I've learned here.

Hope your tummy gets better soon. smile.png

Edited by Gecko123

How wet can you get?

I hear you: schmaltzy, syrupy, saccharine, overly sentimental, reads like a Hallmark card.

It's all true.

But what I wrote is also true; it's what I've learned here.

Hope your stomach settles down soon.

Off topic. Hey Gecko, just ignore those miserable (contrary to anything factual or positive), "one-liner, never-contributing anything substantial to the topic thread", yet constantly present poster blokes, on the forum. Have a pleasant day, sir. wai.gif

Edited by TuskegeeBen

I am from California. The good lookers looking for love there demand a guy with a fancy car, house, big money job, and a daily gym pass.

The same looker here wants money, but much much less.

Pretty much my sentiments but I will put it differently.

"Love" or rather the notion of love is damn expensive in the West with the inevitable crippling "bulb" payment upon termination.

But here not so expensive and you get a hell of a lot more bang for your buck. Pardon the pun.

I don't have nearly enough money to attract the same quality of woman back home and here they realize that the arrangement is performance based so they try harder.

I can not generate any interest in lazy, fat, old, bottle blonde farang women.

Yes, I truly LOVE this place.