Phuket to Korat

Ian1980

Probably best to get a night bus to Bangkok. Takes about 12 hours and they stop to eat.

Then you'll have to get transport from the southern bus station (where that bus stops) via taxi or MRT, to the northern bus station at Mo Chit to get your 2nd bus to Korat.

There are many different bus companies there and a few going to Korat I believe.

I don't know that Thai bus companies have their schedules online.

I did find one schedule to Chaing Mai and northewest Thailand, but not for Korat.

Good luck.

Here's some info from wiki travel site from Mo Chit station to Korat:

o, assuming you are in Bangkok, just head to Mo Chit Northern/Northeastern Bus Terminal. No need to consult a timetable: buses leave Bangkok for Korat several times an hour 24 hours a day. Go to the top floor of the terminal building and buy your ticket at window 40, 49, 50, 52 or 53.

Window 40 and 49 - Ratchasima Tour. Direct 24-hour service. Window 40 for the old bus station and window 49 for the new bus station. Window 50 - Suranaree Air. Tickets for services to either station are sold at the same window. Confusingly, there are two windows #50 at Mo Chit (50 and 50ก). The one you need is on the left of the two. Windows 52 and 53 - Air Korat Pattana. Window 52 for buses to the new bus station and window 53 for buses to the old bus station. It's been known for the vendor to just sell a ticket for the next departing service. If you really want to go to the old bus station ("bok kor sor gow") make sure you do buy your ticket from the vendor at window 53 and that your ticket has the number 1on it somewhere. This denotes the old bus station whereas a 2 denotes the new. After you have purchased your ticket the vendor will point to a number on the ticket. This is the bay you must go to to catch your bus. Overhead signs will guide you there - just like following a gate number at an airport.

Why not just fly to Don Muang? I flew on Nok Air for 1,000 Baht each way all in. Don Muang is very close to the Mo Chit bus station, get the bus to Korat there.

Edit: Sorry, I just saw your other post about trying to avoid flying...

Edited by Jimi007

Whatever you do avoid:

Tour companies

Non-VIP GOVERNMENT bus

Tour companies

Tour companies

Tour companies

Non-VIP GOVERNMENT bus

seriously, just sleep under a cardboard for a day if you miss a VIP bus, do not i repeat do not do any of these things if you value your sanity

The fact is that i need to go there and bring my wife and my 2 years old boy here:but she doesn't want come by herself.

rent a car. make a pitstop in bkk. Use Icheckinn hotel in bangkok (very high quality, good price) and finish your journey in the morning. A lot less painful if you rent a decent enough car.