Police find fake bomb in Bangkok

Jonathan Fairfield

Police find fake bomb in Bangkok

post-137452-0-82229000-1453970319_thumb.

Source: ThaiRath

BANGKOK:-- Police are searching for two individuals suspected of placing a fake bomb in the Ladprao district of Bangkok.

A large area between Soi 112 and Soi 114 was closed off following the discovery of the suspicious package just after 11:30am on Thursday morning.

The discovery of the fake bomb caused widespread congestion to the area as bomb disposal officers inspected the device.

Once the device was found to be not a threat, police released the cordon around the area, although people were still advised to avoid Soi 112 due to increased traffic and tailbacks.

Police believe the fake bomb was planted by students for a prank.

Police are continuing to investigate the incident.

ThaiRath

tvn.png
-- 2016-01-28

Not long and a real bomb will follow. A book's published online by some jihad freaks how to make three different kinds of bombs.

And how to survive as a terrorist without being on the list of the police all around the world, plus tips how to do online scams, etc...

These days they can be found all over the world. From Tamil Tigers to Mujaheddin.

. Hurray...... thumbsup.gif

It's a joke shop bomb. You can also buy them on Amazon

One was "planted" in BK a couple of years ago.

TV won't let me post the images from my search.

Your right, googled it and it matches the fake bomb found.

It is unbelievable that you can buy a fake bomb. It has a led timer, wires, looks real.

What a sick joke to play.

I understand why you can't show the image, obviously they don't want someone else buying a fake bomb.

Crazy world, a joke shop bomb.

Fake bomb made of toilet paper rolls planted on Lad Phrao
By Coconuts Bangkok

bomb_5.jpg
Photo of the fake bomb released by rescue volunteers

BANGKOK: -- The Explosive Ordnance Disposal unit was deployed to a residential soi on Lad Phrao 114 today after a member of the public spotted a mysterious object that they suspected was dynamite.

Just before noon, the authorities inspected the object sealed inside a plastic bag in front of a home, which has been adapted into a tailor shop. Turns out the object was just paper rolls decorated with electric wires and an alarm clock to look like a bomb.

The house owner, identified only as 58-year-old Krittaya, found the bag on a bench in front of her home this morning and initially thought it was trash.

But after seeing what was inside she panicked and called the cops.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/01/28/fake-bomb-made-toilet-paper-rolls-planted-lad-phrao

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2016-01-29

Whats wrong with Bangkok's CCTV camera's .....mine are recording as steady as a rock formation.

You have to remember that twenty years ago the technology was not as good. Most of the cameras in Bangkok are very old and poorly maintained.

Whats wrong with Bangkok's CCTV camera's .....mine are recording as steady as a rock formation.

You have to remember that twenty years ago the technology was not as good. Most of the cameras in Bangkok are very old and poorly maintained.

Think you will find that the footage was a video of a monitor screen.

not true - after the erawan shine attack last year they vouched they would install and improve all CCTV cameras accross the city and country.... by now they should have done it... although what usually happens is the gov budget is 20 million and the cameras bought are cheap chinese junk worth 1 million. the other 19 million goes in pockets...

It is unbelievable that you can buy a fake bomb. It has a led timer, wires, looks real.

I understand why you can't show the image, obviously they don't want someone else buying a fake bomb.

Noooo!

Don't google.... Bing it!

Noooo!

Don't google.... Bing it!

DuckDuckGo is the way to search