Bangkok Motorbike Festival 2016

Do we get a hint where it is?

Sorry - Central World.

It's an annual event - large outside area for parking (and looking at) bikes. There was an outside bar last year - but I didn't see it this time, unless they are still setting up for the evenings?

Looked like some decent deals on clothing at the stalls (Paddock etc) - but I couldn't find any boots in large sizes (seem to top out at 43).

Do we get a hint where it is?

Sorry - Central World.

It's an annual event - large outside area for parking (and looking at) bikes. There was an outside bar last year - but I didn't see it this time, unless they are still setting up for the evenings?

Looked like some decent deals on clothing at the stalls (Paddock etc) - but I couldn't find any boots in large sizes (seem to top out at 43).

It is not easy for us people with big feet 555

I was pissed about these girls hogging the bikes and the horny dudes all over them asking them for poses for pictures.

Actually it would be nice to be able to watch the bikes DELETED. Everybody should know what makes him happy I guess.. Sorry for the rant.

Edited by seedy
troll / flaming

I was pissed about these girls hogging the bikes and the horny dudes all over them asking them for poses for pictures.

Actually it would be nice to be able to watch the bikes DELETED. Everybody should know what makes him happy I guess.. Sorry for the rant.

She shot you down, huh?

Sorry, couldn't resist- in reality, I'm with you 100%. Trade shows are for ogling the product, not the peddlers. I can ogle beautiful women any day on the skywalk- a gathering of big scooters- not so much every day.

Edit: My personal pet peeve is the 8' speakers are set up right next to the product I want to look at, and the noise is so bad that I have to move on. It's tough, but I can overlook having to wade through a pack of cuties. But those speakers give me such a headache that I actually bring foam earplugs when I go to any Bangkok trade show.

Edited by impulse

agreed... i dont mind having the models around, but have them stationed off to the side of the bikes so the desperate pervert crowd doesnt get in the way of those of us that actually want to see the bikes

Some of the most interesting bikes were outside in the parking area - so I can tolerate a few cute girls blocking my view. They go for regular food breaks anyway.

I managed to find a pair of Alpinestar CR4 GoreTex boots for 3,500 THB in my size. May be a bit 'boil in the bag' as I don't find Gore tex to be very breathable in Bangkok traffic temperatures - but they look decent quality.

There was a survey during the event about "Where else could we host this event" ...... so perhaps it will have a new venue next year.

Anywhere except Impact would be OK with me. Getting to Impact has to be the most unpleasant ride ever.

The charity bike wash after the event at Hooters in Soi 4 was a pleasant way to enjoy a beer while my bike had a soapie.

post-64119-0-88881900-1454311450_thumb.j