Police clearance for Australian Visa, where can it be done?

Just recently lodged an application for an Australian Partner Visa, which requires the applicant to apply for a police clearance..

From reading this web page http://thailand.embassy.gov.au/bkok/DIAC_Character_Requirements.html it seems it has to be done at RTP headquarters in Bangkok?

My partner is under the impression it can be done at any police station?

Can anyone clarify this or tell me of their previous experiences?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by rws85

VFS gave me a letter that confirmed our application, with this we went to the link you provided. Cannot be done at any police office. Don't be surprised if you have to find your own application again. My experience here was a nightmare.

I would think that you will have to apply personally to the Aust Fed Police. I received mine directly from them by downloading a form off the internet. Paid a little extra for express service. There was no problem at all.

Edited by oldsailor35

I would think that you will have to apply personally to the Aust Fed Police. I received mine directly from them by downloading a form off the internet. Paid a little extra for express service. There was no problem at all.

My experience last year when we applied for a partner visa was i only needed a police clearance from the Australian Feds because i had two step children under 18 on the visa application. Took about 4 weeks and was $ 40.00 AUD if i remember correctly . Got the clearance just for interest too .

You go to vfs and get a letter for a police clearance.with this letter you go to police headquarters in bangkok.make sure you take all yours and your wifes documents.ie marriage cert,birth certs,passports ,coph bluebook and anything else you can think of.Its all pretty straightforward .nothing to do with the aust fed pokice

• Like 1