Iranian drone takes “precise” photos as it flies over US aircraft carrier

rooster59

Hell! I can get better pictures of this Carrier on the Internet. But if they want to prove Brave Men maybe they should try flying a Fighter Jet with 2 Men in it and see how close they get to this Baby that time.

I'm sure they can pay Vlad good money for some decent satellite pictures if they want.

Especially now that they've got their money back.

biggrin.png

I was under the impression that the airspace over the aircraft carrier was protected by the most advanced systems, yet it can be infiltrated by an $1200.00 drone?

I am only pretty confident about this: The general information about flight deck activities and appearances is not necessarily classified or even hard to image in the narrow gulf/straits; only during operations would it be [highly] sensitive. I do believe the US has the ability to jam and disable electronic airspace around fleet activities. I am fairly certain about this. I would imagine doing this now when Iran is only "probing" airspace provides way too much information to Iran proportional to the information they could glean from this psuedo coup flyover. From the perspective of threat assessment it would even provide Iran "false" information by their concluding they have a valid surveillance tool. I find it difficult to believe the US Navy was unaware of this.

I was under the impression that the airspace over the aircraft carrier was protected by the most advanced systems, yet it can be infiltrated by an $1200.00 drone?

I am only pretty confident about this: The general information about flight deck activities and appearances is not necessarily classified or even hard to image in the narrow gulf/straits; only during operations would it be [highly] sensitive. I do believe the US has the ability to jam and disable electronic airspace around fleet activities. I am fairly certain about this. I would imagine doing this now when Iran is only "probing" airspace provides way too much information to Iran proportional to the information they could glean from this psuedo coup flyover. From the perspective of threat assessment it would even provide Iran "false" information by their concluding they have a valid surveillance tool. I find it difficult to believe the US Navy was unaware of this.

it makes sense

The Iranians were not really interested in taking pictures but were simply probing and the us did not bite.

if it was a real threat it would had being dust,