Cost of Residence Certificate in Immigration.

Where have Immigration a price list on this ? Residence Certificate is free, And ask for a receipt next time.

Last day a call 1111 and ask about this and they tell me it`s free and they ask whitish Immigration take money for Residence Certificate.

Are you actually wanting to get a certificate of residency or are you just trying to bring up a subject that has been discussed many times in pages long topics?

Yes a want my Driver license are expired in Feb, and some tell me it`s cost 300 and 1111 tell me it`s free.

Where have Immigration a price list on this ? Residence Certificate is free, And ask for a receipt next time.

Last day a call 1111 and ask about this and they tell me it`s free and they ask whitish Immigration take money for Residence Certificate.

Did you not read and understand my post! It's free if you want to wait ten days.

And good luck with your receipt and call 1111 business if you ever want another visa again.

Then the case are mfr_closed1.gif

if they are not obliged to do them why is the application form on their website? There is no admin fee it's meant to be a free service, admin fee is just another term for corruption, Free at Samut Prakan so they do it right.

• Like 2

if they are not obliged to do them why is the application form on their website? There is no admin fee it's meant to be a free service, admin fee is just another term for corruption, Free at Samut Prakan so they do it right.

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phuket-Immigration-denies-allegations-foreigners-pay-services/37149

Did you not read and understand my post! It's free if you want to wait ten days.

And good luck with your receipt and call 1111 business if you ever want another visa again.

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phuket-Immigration-denies-allegations-foreigners-pay-services/37149

Too funny, both parties are correct in that article, the Immigration guy and the guy who had to pay 500 baht. The service is free, IF you want to wait 10 days, IF you don't then you pay. And the guy in the article is lying through his teeth, I lived in Phuket for four years, when you apply for the certificate the Immigration chappie pulls out a piece of paper with the words, "500 baht" written on it and doesn't say a word, instead he shows it to you and if you don't pay, your certificate gets lost or similar. AND AND, yes you can report it to him, if you're feeling like a hero I suggest you give it a try and see what happens the next time you want something from Immigration, go on, do it I dare you, we're always happy to have that sort of free entertainment here on TVF!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The answer is that it varies from immigration office to immigration office. Where are you?

I could be wrong but I'm guessing Phuket, just a hunch.

DOH! Did I miss something smile.png ........ I didn't click on the Phuket gazette link.

Now, if he lived in Buriram the police will issue a residency letter for free.......

http://www.thailand-immigration.org/thai-pr.html

Interestingly the Siam legal link says it costs 5,000 baht!

Not the same resident certificate. Those are for people with permanent residency.

There is no numbered form for to get a certificate of residency that is being discussed here,

http://phuketdir.com/pkttransport/

I see nothing on that webpage has anything to do with what I posted. Perhaps you could explain why you posted it.

• 3 months later...

What documentation is required for Certificate of Residency (TM.18)? I'm in Bangkok - is a visit to Chaengwattana the only option? Can it be mailed in?

Are you doing 90 day reports to them? If not they will not issue one.

A TM18 form is not the correct one. You use this form: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/res_cert.pdf

You have do in person. The fee is 200 baht and they will send it to you by EMS in about 3 weeks.

Thanks ubonjoe. Yes, doing 90 day reports and all up-to-date. Need the certificate for Driving Licence. Thanks for the form. You don't mention any other documents required, so that sounds easy enough, assuming one doesn't have to wait endlessly at CW.

I checked the British Embassy site and the cost is THB2650, so although it might be easier, (in Ploenchit rather than CW), there's obviously a bit of a saving.

• 5 months later...

so here in Chiang Mai I needed a  Residence Certificate  I went to the promenade shopping mall to the immigration section they directed me  to  go to the 2nd floor, there they have a counter just for residence certificate .   I needed it in 2 days not possible ,it is written at the desk it takes 1 month really! it`s free the girl told me to try the agent next to the main immigration department back down stairs it cost 500 baht come back next day in the afternoon to pick up the Residence Certificate,  job done. :partytime2:

On 11/15/2016 at 6:56 PM, akampa said:

so here in Chiang Mai I needed a  Residence Certificate  I went to the promenade shopping mall to the immigration section they directed me  to  go to the 2nd floor, there they have a counter just for residence certificate .   I needed it in 2 days not possible ,it is written at the desk it takes 1 month really! it`s free the girl told me to try the agent next to the main immigration department back down stairs it cost 500 baht come back next day in the afternoon to pick up the Residence Certificate,  job done. :partytime2:

Good and timely post - I need one of those certificates to transfer my car registration to CM. Can you tell me which agent you used (I think there are several)?

500Baht at Rayong, requested after the lady had handed me the certificate/letter! I suppose I could have refused and just marched out, which might have made things difficult for subsequent applicants. No receipt, the money went into a Tupperware lunchbox.

A couple of years or so ago there was a lot of huffing and puffing about "corruption", which resulted in many offices, including Rayong, refusing to issue such certificates. The alternative would have been a trip to the British Embassy and payment of 5 times that figure. I hope the self-righteous muppets who made a fuss before don't mess it up for us again. It seems a very reasonable amount to pay, whether as a staff gratuity or an official charge, for a very swift and competent service

• Like 2