Whice visa is best suited for a family?

Godd morning TVF,

Background info: We are a family of four taking a year out to travel with our two sons aged 10 and 8.We are in Thailand for three months or 90 days lol and we leave tomorrow to go to Bali for two months. We hope to return to Koh Samui for another 90 days following this. Our reasons for travel are to see a bit of the world and I suppose ultimitley to discover if this is something we coud do longer term. We plan to return home in the summer and make decisions about our future. My husband(47) has a company at home( Northern Ireland) and gets an income from this. I (47) do not work although I am a qualified nurse and then retrained as a numeracy tutor. I am currently homeschooling the boys while we are away.

My question is, what visa options are open to us if we wanted to come for a year. I am new to all this so please be kind with your commentsbiggrin.png Is and EducationV isa open to children? We are keen to learn Thai and will enrol in a course during our next 90 days even if this isn't an option longer term.

Thanks in advance

Plum

When you reach 50 your options will be a lot easier.

Until then you could put the kids in school, get them 12 month extensions of stay for education.

Both of you could then get 12 month extensions based on your kids.

You would both need to show 500,000 Baht in a Thai bank.

• Like 1

Above advice good. I'm trying to be positive with following. No doubt you have looked into all the side issues. A friend sends his kids to a good international school and it's far from cheap. Not sure about medical insurance from your country but from mine (au) I need to organize my own health insurance. list goes on. As for having nurse qualifications not sure if you would be able to work here. As stated previous once 50 you can obtain non o based on retirement. Good luck.

• Like 1