Thailand Post - problems sending to U.K.?

dlm5star

Part of it is probably just laziness. If it takes the slightest bit of extra effort that deliver as part of the day's work easier to simply dispose of "farang" mail. I'll bet there is a drainage culvert in ChiangMai stuffed chock of greeting cards and personal letters.

Edited by arunsakda

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i called them today after seeing your post. the agent doesnt really know anything and i didnt want to give him a hard time and asked for supervisor or someone who's doing the investigation but was refused. i think nothing we can do. technically mails not lost so we cant make claim but they're not being delivered either and they dont give a shoot. all i really wanted was to speak to someone who's actually handling the case and i cldnt even do that. its not rocket science, if srilanka cant deliver, take the mails back and send it with current airline they have contract with. period.

i'm considering making a complaint at the consumer protection board and will look into it tonight. super angry.

I have emailed and asked if its possible to send my missing parcels back to Thailand as i would prefer to have them back if they cannot send them to the U.K
Haven't heard anything back yet.

a little update for those who are still waiting for parcels/mails to arrive in uk

the srilanka's cargo manager had replied an email to a thai lady on pantip.com this morning that all left over mail bags in colombo was sent back to bangkok on flight ul882 yesterday. so they're now in thailand and will probably get sent using their existing contract ie. finn air. hopefully things will go faster from now on.

i basically just want my documents back. i no longer trust them. will call to ask if possible to get my stuff back.

When i phoned thailand post they said they have been using Finn air since 14th feb and post is much better.

I asked where is my parcel i sent on 16th Feb which they couldn't answer.

All you people that sent parcels that arrive back in Thailand should be compensated for its ridiculous.

all 300 bags of mails were already posted out again at 11pm (roughly) with Fin air. Hopefully we will start seeing them arriving in UK soon.

WOW that is a lot of mail , How long would it have sat there if the people on Pantip.com had not bitched about it ?

I am sure there is much more behind this story that we will never know ,

Thanks for keeping us up to date

all 300 bags of mails were already posted out again at 11pm (roughly) with Fin air. Hopefully we will start seeing them arriving in UK soon.

WOW that is a lot of mail , How long would it have sat there if the people on Pantip.com had not bitched about it ?

I am sure there is much more behind this story that we will never know ,

Thanks for keeping us up to date

For those that sent tracked it would have been better if it had stayed lost! Most of us have already made refunds, and could have recouped costs by way of compensation. Most customers won't repay when it arrives.

Like many I am breathing a sigh of relief for now, but they changed courier for a reason and could easily go with it again. Or put up prices.

• 2 months later...

No better the other way around....

A letter from DWP 2 months ago took 4 weeks to arrive here.. yesterday got a letter from HM Revenue & Customs posted in Newcastle UK on 12th May !! so over 4 weeks to arrive.

My Brexit referendum voting papers took four weeks to get here from the UK! At least they arrived before the voting deadline, which is more than can be said for those for the last UK General Election!

I posted them back immediately by registered airmail - considered using EMS but at 1200 Baht decided not to as there should be enough time for the papers to get there using normal airmail post. This may have been a mistake though as they seem to have disappeared into limbo. They left Suvarnabhumi after two days but have still not appeared on the UK Post Office database three days later. Have I been disenfranchised? Will I ever find out?

On a sort of related matter, my P60 tax and earnings statement for 2015/16 is now at least two weeks overdue so I reckon that's gone astray. Generally, receiving letters here from UK has been OK - only lost a couple of items over the years. Sending stuff the other way seems very hit and miss - really essential to use EMS or DHL for anything important or valuable.

DM

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, dlm5star said:

Sorry to drag up an old post, but seems like the post has possibly reverted to having the same issues as the beginning of the year.

Is anyone else having any issues sending items to the U.K. once again?

How long  have you been waiting this time 

On 9/24/2016 at 0:11 AM, swampdonkey said:

How long  have you been waiting this time 

Had some things take over 20 days.

Most of it has been very random...things sent last week, arriving 6 days prior to the things sent the week before etc...

Items sent the 19th & 21st arrived, yet items sent 14th 20th haven't. 

My experience is mail seems to depart from the airport every 10 - 14 days 

but it does not always go  direct to the UK and may be held at the next airport

Posting in Bangkok the tracking shows it is processed and ready to leave the same day 

It is just luck whether there is a flight ready for it or not  

when it arrives in the UK it is delivered in 2 - 3 days.

I have had mail take anywhere between 3  - 30 days   

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, it's a year since the disastrous postal failures in which they changed mail carriers to the awful Sri Lanka air, only to realise 6 weeks later nothing was arriving and reverted to Finn air.

Hopefully they won't have had another new years brainstorm this year and messed it up again.

If any of the original posters to the topic are still following who still use the post regular for eBay etc...good luck for 2017.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

I sent a small package by Registered on Dec 21 as of today nothing is showing up as received in the UK. I sent another one also on Dec and it appeared on the tracking info as received in the UK after 13 days.

December 21, 2016
13:19:51
SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Container Received 200004 I417030D1803   010       10001
December 21, 2016
14:33:04
SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Departure From Outward OE

4 hours ago, dlm5star said:

Had a few items from around Dec 20/21 not get there...also, nothing sent after the postoffice opened after new year (Jan 3 onwards) has arrived to the U.K., yet registered to France etc has arrived.

Sent a small registered package on the 17th Dec and it arrived ok.

Apart from the one sent on the 21st Dec 2016, i sent another on 04 Jan 2017 and it also showed leaving BKK but no tracking info as of today on either entering the UK.

December 17, 2016
13:53:33
SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Container Received     200004 I617030D1805   010       10001
December 17, 2016
14:43:56
SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Departure From Outward OE     200004 -   002       10001
December 29, 2016
03:16:00
Great Britain (GBLALA) Accept     199999 GBGBLALA   001       99999
December 29, 2016
04:18:00
Great Britain (GBLALA) Accept     199999 GBGBLALA   001       99999
December 30, 2016
16:30-17:59
Great Britain (CV 33) Delivery Status Successful Recipient Name
Edited by Isan Farang

7 hours ago, dlm5star said:

January 3rd packages just arrived to the UK today.

I just checked mine also has been received, not sure whare the December items are hiding.

January 4, 2017
13:06:09
SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Container Received 200004 I617030D1805   010       10001
January 4, 2017
13:34:03
SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Departure From Outward OE 200004 -   002       10001
January 15, 2017
23:34:00
Great Britain (GBLALA) Accept 199999 GBGBLALA   001       99999
January 16, 2017
13:24:00
Great Britain (GBLALA) Accept