Bpragan Sang Khom

Neeranam

Has anyone with this compulsory insurance ever used to for their family?

My wife's having a baby soon and I'm not sure if the insurance will help.

One things for sure - we're not having it delivered in Bamrungrad like the last one - cost a bloody fortune.

Edited by Neeranam

Social Security Office (in Thai language)

First thing to check, the person must have been paying Social Security for at least 7 months in the past 15 months.

According to the website and an official at an Social Security Office, if your wife delivers the baby at the hospital you or she chose that shows on your Social Security card (or that is stated in their database) or at other hospitals/clinics in the same network as the said hospital, it's free of charge.

Or, if you choose to have the baby delivered elsewhere, you'll have to pay it first and you will be able to claim 6,000 THB back from SSO.

If your wife has been paying this Social Security as well, she'll be able to claim some compensation (am I using the right word?) from SSO while she can't work (90 days max).

http://www.sso.go.th/benefit/harm6.asp

Double check the above info with SSO is not a bad idea. :D Hope this helps. :o

I have a company and for a while had my wife and mother-in-law listed as employees. I paid the Prakan Sangkom for them and they were able to use it for free or reduced health care. Not a bad deal. However, I believe it only covers workers paying in. My kids were not covered.

Has anyone with this compulsory insurance ever used to for their family?

My wife's having a baby soon and I'm not sure if the insurance will help.

One things for sure - we're not having it delivered in Bamrungrad like the last one - cost a bloody fortune.

Almost forgot Neeranam--Congratulations!