Wonderful New Immigration Aspects

CMX

After a 3.5 year hiatus visiting family, I returned to CM and of course found myself in need of a vehicle. Imagine my surprise when I found it necessary to go to Promenade (never mind a Superhighway story). In itself, it was a delight to have such a monstrous facility, Promenade, at my service, as compared to the Airport joint (for I was almost the only one there that day - having arrived during Immigration's lunchtime, I toured dozens of empty stores). What a sense of quiet, ease, and comfort!

But I digress. I was in search of a Proof of Address form. Previously, one had to wade through all the Airport Im. crowds to get such a piece of paper and then to pay 500 baht for the privilege. On a hot day, this was a sweaty business that could take considerable time, and I never got a receipt, either, which downed my day.

Now though, I was directed to a private office. Moreover, the fee had not gone up and I did get a receipt. There was a comfy chair in which to sit while all of the forms were filled out by staff (not I, filling out forms still again). Plus, no waiting was necessary but simply the request to pick up the form next day.

I wish to thank all of you who have been instrumental in this wonderful improvement. I'm sure that all other processes there will go as smoothly, thanks to you!!!

Edited by CMX