Contacting visa section Thai Embassy London

Made a postal application for a spouse visa to the Thai Embassy in London. All documents and payment sent Special Delivery (confirmed received next day by Post Office). A prepaid return Special Delivery envelope was also enclosed.

That was a couple of weeks ago and I have not yet received anything back - I am starting to worry they have lost my passport (they advertise 3-5 day turnaround on the website and its been about 14 working days now).

They seem impossible to contact by phone (recorded message says 'person not available' whenever I call) - I sent an email a couple of days ago but don't really expect a reply. Any ideas on this - short of making a journey to London?

Sorry but no . I also had no luck with contacting them. So applied yesterday in person. This went without a hitch and they were very efficient. The only suggestion is to contact one of the consulates. Not they can do anything, but depending on who you get on the phone they can be really helpful in giving you suggestions. I found the Liverpool Thai Consulate and the Birmingham one has lots of helpful people.

Well, I finally received my passport back after about three weeks. Must have been temporarily 'lost' on someone's desk! Also I note that they gave me the one-year visa dated from the start of February - I was expecting to be post-dated to the date of my arrival in Thailand (which I entered on the visa application form, and also in a covering letter). Anyway, passport safely back now and can relax.

• Like 1

The visa is dated the day it is processed.

Don't know what visa you got but it is probably valid for 3 months

Make sure you enter before it expires

Your permission to stay which is totally different starts when you passport is stamped on arrival

Don't know what visa you got but it is probably valid for 3 months

The OP indicated that he was given a one-year visa. As far as I know, all one-year visas have a validity of one-year from the date of issue.