Notifying Change of Address; Effect on 90 Day

I arrived in Thailand on 20/11/2015 (on a reentry permit). I had a 12 month extension of stay (retirement) with permission until 31/12/15.

I went to Cheng Wattana on 17/12/15 to;

1) change my address (Korat to Bangkok),

2) renew my 12 month extension (retirement), which was successfully extended to 31/12/16.

I thought my 90 day was due 18/2/16 (based on arrival 20/11/15 + 90 days). I did ask the Immigration Officer whilst at CW in Dec if notifying a change of address counted as notifying my address per 90 day - she said no it didn't and I had to do my 90 day based on the date I entered the country.

I'm trying to do my 90 day on line now (18th Feb less 14 days = 4th Feb) but I'm getting the Contact Immigration error which suggest something is wrong.

Are my dates correct or was the Immigration Office wrong and I don't need to report till 17/12 + 90 days?

Your report date is 90 days from 20.11.15

By my maths that is 17th Feb.

Don't even try and understand the online reporting. It is a shambles.

Maybe because you changed your address you are not on their database.

Who knows. wacko.png

Edited by Eclipse

• You are right that you 90 day report is due 90 days from your last entry which I make February 17th. The day you enter counts as day 1.

You are in the 8 day online reporting window (3rd to 10th), but it could be a number of reasons why it doesn't work. It may be the new entry to the country.

Edited by elviajero

Double check you have entered all the info correctly. I advise only completing the required info that has a * beside it.

The most common problem is not using the pull down menu to select your nationality.

Sometimes the message comes up it the system cannot access the database,Trying again is advisable.