Foreigners arrested for Saudi terror attack

webfact

Indonesian arrested for Saudi terror attack

2016-02-02T164919Z_302978822_GF100002932

RIYADH: -- The Indonesian embassy in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, has confirmed that an Indonesian was among 33 terror suspects arrested by Saudi authority for attacking a Shiite mosque in the Middle Eastern's kingdom al-Ahsa district on Jan 29, The Jakarta Globe reported.

English daily Saudi Gazette reported on Jan 31 that 33 terror suspects include 14 Saudis, nine Americans, three Yemenis, two Syrians, a Filipino, an Emirati, a Kazakhstan national, a Palestinian and an Indonesian.

The suspects were allegedly responsible for an attack at a Shiite mosque in Saudi Arabia’s al-Ahsa district which killed four people and wounded 33.

Indonesian deputy ambassador for Saudi Arabia, Sunarko, said the arrested Indonesian was identified with the initials A.B., a resident of West Java who entered Saudi Arabia in 2014 to work for a construction firm.

Saudi Arabia’s Foreign Affairs Ministry will deliver an official notification of the arrest to the Indonesian embassy, he said, adding that the embassy would request access to meet the suspect to assure his legal rights.

No group has claimed responsibility for Friday’s attack, but Islamic State fighters are believed to have targeted the kingdom’s minority Shia in the past.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/149458

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-02-04

When I die and go to the pearly gates, I am going to ask St Peter to explain religion to me.

Perhaps it won't be St. Peter; maybe it will be Allah and you will forget to ask as you faun over your 72 virgins.

RIP to the victims and it will be interesting to see if attacking a Shiite mosque will result in the death penalty.

Saudi Wahabis are funding the training for Jihadis who will then attack both infidels (Christians & Jews) and heretics (Shias). Saudi Shias are just as much an enemy to these nutjobs as anyone else.

As for the 9 Americans, I rather suspect that these were 9 Americans named Abdul or Rashid, rather than Americans named John or Jose or Peter.....

Edited by otherstuff1957