PM offers apology for the hot-tempered manner he shown at press interviews

webfact

PM offers apology for the hot-tempered manner he shown at press interviews

246-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has offered an apology to media representatives and the people for his inappropriate manner and comment during a press interview yesterday.

The prime minister lost his patience and had his emotion uncontrolled briefly when he was questioned by reporters about the draft constitution and election.

Government spokesman Maj Gen Sansern Kaewkamnerd said today that the prime minister felt regret and unhappy for what he had reacted when was questioned about the draft charter.

He has offered apology to the media representatives and the people for the hot-tempered reaction to reporters’ questions after the cabinet meeting, the spokesman said.

He might be unhappy and come under pressure by the people’s expectations that he could lead the country to the direction that everyone wanted to see amid the various problems facing the country.

Earlier this year the prime minister promised he would improve his image and become a “good guy” and vowed to calm himself to reduce conflicts with news reporters.

The prime minister was questioned about the referendum of the draft charter and the organic laws so election could be held in time.

Angered by the question, he strongly lashed out at the reporter asking the question.

“Why just ask about organic law and election. We’re starving to death now, investment, trade, economy. What else you want from me. Go ask the next government, this is what I can do. Everything will finish in 2017 and out of my responsibility after that.”

Asked again with the proposal of Democrat party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva on alternative charter if the current draft charter is rejected, the prime minister wouldn’t’ reply directly saying that he has given chances for politicians to discuss.

Instead he asked reporters it they still have trust in him after having worked for two years.

“Don’t you ever see me do anything, You don’t trust me but others. Worthless!!” he remarked and walked away from the podium.

But after a few steps, he turned back and said “I myself is worthless.”.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/149518

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-02-04

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He apologized. That means a lot in Thailand regarding losing face.

While most Thai think apologizing is losing face, the opposite is true.

I don't understand all the buffoons in TV watching out for every mistake he makes

and seeing everything he says and does through the black glasses.

What alternative is there and which one was before he finally ended the shin mess?

I don't think he is the best imaginable PM - but who else would have ended the shin cleptocrazy?

Being against him is being for the ptp and their mercenaries the reds, because there is no other visible power in Thailand

Edited by sweatalot

One of the seminars I attended showed a cycle of behaviour similar to the attached diagram. Why am I so reminded of this? Did anyone hear after the apology was made whether he said he was only joking?

post-21351-0-05911600-1454570436_thumb.j

Edited by toybits

God this guy is such a buffoon.

he's doing a pretty good job considering the mess left by his predecessors ...

somehow I just couldn't see Yingluck on the podium at the UN convention in the US recently ... I don't think anyone really took her seriously ....

Thank god someone with some balls could step up to the plate ... wai2.gif

somehow I just couldn't see Yingluck on the podium at the UN convention in the US recently ... I don't think anyone really took her seriously ....

Oh really? Prey tell what is he doing so well? A speech at a half empty and bored U.N. conference aside.

I would like a comprehensive list of his achievements from may of 2014 until now. Oh and 'stopping the protests' that he helped instigate and stir up is a void answer.

I look forward to your non-reply.

i was going to post something, but i am too lazy to turn my VPN on.

No need for a VPN if you want to insult the Admiral General PM.

Every time he opens his mouth he does a great job of doing it to himself.

All I do is quote the guy.

i was going to post something, but i am too lazy to turn my VPN on.

No need for a VPN if you want to insult the Admiral General PM.

Every time he opens his mouth he does a great job of doing it to himself.

All I do is quote the guy.

i'm dead now, i liked your post without VPN.

Yes do verry good job thats why 75 % down or more for no investment in Thailand and i think from Japan 85 % down :-)

the same question over and over would be enough to make anyone angry .....

What's wrong with asking the same question if it's not being answered properly, if at all, or any answer is challenged or contradicted by other factors ?

you must have missed the little part ... there was no "left" in the equation when he said; I am taking charge...

I don't think anyone really took her seriously ....

I guess you mean aside from the millions who voted for her? Still, what do they matter?

.... the millions who have been bought or brainwashed by her gang

Edited by sweatalot

He apologized. That means a lot in Thailand regarding losing face.

While most Thai think apologizing is losing face, the opposite is true.

I don't understand all the buffoons in TV watching out for every mistake he makes

and seeing everything he says and does through the black glasses.

What alternative is there and which one was before he finally ended the shin mess?

I don't think he is the best imaginable PM - but who else would have ended the shin cleptocrazy?

Being against him is being for the ptp and their mercenaries the reds, because there is no other visible power in Thailand

If you believe, truly believe, that this "mess" started or was to end with the Shins, there may be little hope for you to understand until you look deeper into Thai history for, say, the last 5 decades at least.

Have you heard that there have been nearly 20 attempted or successful coups?

Does that fact make you wonder why?

Do you think to yourself "well, this does seem to be happening on a regular basis. I wonder if there is a bigger issue than the Shins or any single or couple of groups." ?

Thailand is totally messed up. The military is no exception. I pity them all and especially the average Somchais and Ploys.

The "but but but Thaksin!" argument really is flogging a dead horse. Thaksin or his proxy parties have been in charge of Thailand for a combined time of what, ten years?

That's nothing compared to the time of military (or their puppet) governments of the last 75 odd years. Yet Thaksin apparently invented corruption rolleyes.gif

To be quite frank, I see Thailand's recent history of last 100 odd years as being dominated by what are effectively mafias

There are plenty of them. In fact, there is an argument that only a mafia like organisation could survive here.

I view the history and present the same way I watch an old Italian mafia movie. All the guys are after each other. The police are in on it, too. Corruption and violence are an accepted (but not often discussed) way of life. People get what they can get when they can get it and they expect the next group in power to do the same.

It's almost impossible to look at Thai history and not come to some similar conclusion. Where are the principled people groups, and what have they done? What clear accomplishments have they made in the last 50 years?

I don't think anyone really took her seriously ....

I guess you mean aside from the millions who voted for her? Still, what do they matter?

.... the millions who have been bought or brainwashed by her gang

You seem to be brain washed by the yellow kool-aid....