Documents Needed For Extension Of Stay Non Imm O

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to correct my own tax-calculation:

Basically, at this salary level, one can sort of subtract 190,000 Baht from the salary and pay 10% of the remainder. Last year I was only employed 9 months, meaning I had to pay 10% of 360,000 - 190,000 Baht, which gives 1,888 baht withheld tax for each employed month. The same calculation for the whole year gives a monthly tax of 2,416 Baht. (My accountant confirms it's okay to use the full deduction even thought not employd the full year).

Next year the calculation will yield 10% of 378,000 - 190,000 Baht, which gives a monthly tax of 1,567 Baht --- tough.

Check out calculation basis at: http://www.rd.go.th/publish/6045.0.html

???

Wont it be a major pain in the ### to set up a company etc just to get the 1 year extension

vs just doing a visa run every 90 days? I mean i can see if it was a visa run every 30 days.

How hard is it to set up a company to get the extension?

Also anyone know the easiest visa run from Phitsanulok?

Thanks

nam

Edited by Nam Kao

Besides: setting up a company, merely to have an "excuse" for paying tax, isn't likely to be a lasting solution. Some day revenue department starts to wonder, why they see no corporate tax and some day a bit later, they might rule it as a hobby and de-register the company (at your expense, of course).

Besides costs of setting up the company, there'll also be costs of yearly audit. Generally, can't imagine anyone would recommend anyone to set up a company unless that company actually is intended to do perform businesses.

Edited by Cyberstar