Police close in on foreign gang murdering Spanish businessman

webfact

@Post 108

In response to your second challenge;

I bet he said the word ookard in Thaiwhich translates as daring, audacious, brazen or outrageous.

there doesn't have to be a moral element involved.

You bet?

Thats all you have?

By the way, its you, only you, who is attaching the moral element.

Im certain the translator simply chose outrageous over audacious or brazen.

Certain? How?

And then they arbitrarily chose to attach it to this? : We tend to believe there were Thai nationals involved because:..

Now don't forget translators in the electronic media have to work to very tight deadlines so I'm certain the translator simply chose outrageous over audacious or brazen.

Certain. Again.

On what, are you basing these claims?

Nothing.

You are simply making things up to suit your view.

Do you really think a senior Thai policeman is going to say, 'the crime was so outrageousthat Thais must be involved,

rather than the crime was so audacious that Thais must be involved' especially as he remarks the logistics meant it was likely Thais are involved.

For the life of me, I cant see the difference.

Splitting hairs arent you?

Not to worry, all talk like that, will most likely disappear soon. wai2.gif (Although, I can't be certain)

And It wouldnt be the first time a senior police officer was so audacious, brazen or outrageous in his comments, now would it?

The senior police officer on the island assured us the culprit could not have been a Thai person.

No Thai could possibly commit such a crime. he said

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29262496

Dear me, here you go again desperately trying to link this totally unrelated case to the Koh Tao murders. And i'm not making things up, unlike you. Translators in the electronic media work to very tight deadlines, in this case ookard translates better as audacious than outrageous which carries a moral element of disgust,

If you can't see the difference you need to go back to school and why did you bother to try to link it ( unsuccessfully first time) to the Koh Tao murders?

Because what you were trying to say was, 'Look! The same policeman who was in charge of the Koh Tao case is saying this crime ( in Bangkok) is so outrageous Thais must be involved! Meaning Thais must be involved in the Khao Tao case too...

And what I'm telling you is he didn't say that at all, 'he said the crime was so audacious that Thais were probably involved because it involved detention, kidnapping, transporting body parts, ATM.etc but in fact maybe this Spanish suspect did the whole thing alone.

Jeez, be a man and move on.

I emailed the reporter ( email address on link), a couple of days ago, and have asked him to shed light on the choice of wording... No response... Yet

And... Though endearing, this back and forth is indeed making us link the B2 crime to this one... Although the Thai police assisted here (linking the cases), , by their choice of officer to pursue the case, which would have been a deliberate action on their behalf, perhaps because of his performance in the B2 affair

Also... "Ireason" was not the first person to deliberately link the two cases together, that ship had already sailed prior to his first post ( this last comment pertains only to this thread), but bickering about what was actually written, verses what was actually meant, is speculation which continues to keep the focus on the B2 case... Well done, as that was seemingly a travesty of justice, that will hopefully be rectified at appeal, with the whole world watching

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Post 108

I bet he said the word ookard in Thaiwhich translates as daring, audacious, brazen or outrageous.

You bet?

Thats all you have?

Certain? How?

And then they arbitrarily chose to attach it to this? : We tend to believe there were Thai nationals involved because:..

Now don't forget translators in the electronic media have to work to very tight deadlines so I'm certain the translator simply chose outrageous over audacious or brazen.

Certain. Again.

Nothing.

Do you really think a senior Thai policeman is going to say, 'the crime was so outrageousthat Thais must be involved,

rather than the crime was so audacious that Thais must be involved' especially as he remarks the logistics meant it was likely Thais are involved.

Not to worry, all talk like that, will most likely disappear soon. wai2.gif (Although, I can't be certain)

And It wouldnt be the first time a senior police officer was so audacious, brazen or outrageous in his comments, now would it?

The senior police officer on the island assured us the culprit could not have been a Thai person.

Dear me, here you go again desperately trying to link this totally unrelated case to the Koh Tao murders. And i'm not making things up, unlike you. Translators in the electronic media work to very tight deadlines, in this case ookard translates better as audacious than outrageous which carries a moral element of disgust,

If you can't see the difference you need to go back to school and why did you bother to try to link it ( unsuccessfully first time) to the Koh Tao murders?

Because what you were trying to say was, 'Look! The same policeman who was in charge of the Koh Tao case is saying this crime ( in Bangkok) is so outrageous Thais must be involved! Meaning Thais must be involved in the Khao Tao case too...

And what I'm telling you is he didn't say that at all, 'he said the crime was so audacious that Thais were probably involved because it involved detention, kidnapping, transporting body parts, ATM.etc but in fact maybe this Spanish suspect did the whole thing alone.

I emailed the reporter ( email address on link), a couple of days ago, and have asked him to shed light on the choice of wording... No response... Yet

And... Though endearing, this back and forth is indeed making us link the B2 crime to this one... Although the Thai police assisted here (linking the cases), , by their choice of officer to pursue the case, which would have been a deliberate action on their behalf, perhaps because of his performance in the B2 affair

Also... "Ireason" was not the first person to deliberately link the two cases together, that ship had already sailed prior to his first post ( this last comment pertains only to this thread), but bickering about what was actually written, verses what was actually meant, is speculation which continues to keep the focus on the B2 case... Well done, as that was seemingly a travesty of justice, that will hopefully be rectified at appeal, with the whole world watching

Why don't you ask the source, Police General Panya, I'm sure he would be delighted to fill you in (on what he meant).

I'm not sure attempts to link totally unrelated cases is beneficial,sometimes more exposure, especially if foolish, can lead to derision and fatigue.

You seem to think any publicity is useful, I beg to differ ,less can often be more.

As to the whole world watching???

@Post 108

You bet?

Thats all you have?

Certain? How?

Certain. Again.

Nothing.

Why don't you ask the source, Police General Panya, I'm sure he would be delighted to fill you in (on what he meant).

I'm not sure attempts to link totally unrelated cases is beneficial,sometimes more exposure, especially if foolish, can lead to derision and fatigue.

You seem to think any publicity is useful, I beg to differ ,less can often be more.

Lol... The police chief would probably enlighten May through the bars of my own cell

You could be right in your derision and fatigue line... But Equally, it could lead to a bolstering of resolve.

Perhaps using the term "the whole world" is an exaggeration, but the United Nations will be watching... Which consist of representatives from the whole world, although I do recognize that Thailand probably doesn't give a toss about the international community, it's not like this will result in sanctions or the like... Perhaps just a one liner to the Thai ambassador to the UN.

@Post 108

You bet?

Thats all you have?

Certain? How?

Certain. Again.

Nothing.

Well well... I did not ask Panya, as suggested by Bannork.... But I did receive a reply from the stories origional author, after having asked him to explain why he used the word "outrageous" , and if it was an accident or mistranslated, as one person suggested.

Attached is his reply, indicating that the word "outrageous" was intentional

Enjoy???

post-249978-0-29576900-1454989055_thumb.

“We believe there are more than two perpetrators but not more than 10” because of the extreme measures taken in the crime, said police Gen. Panya Maman."

“They are suspected to be mostly Spanish with Thai nationals lending a hand in some stages.”

“We believed the perpetrators are foreigners,” said Police.Gen. Panya Maman. “We tend to believe there were Thai nationals involved...”

Now, precisely as I predicted, all other suspects will (and have), disappear from consideration.

"Reversing earlier supposition that a Spanish man accused of kidnapping, killing and dismembering a compatriot was part of a gang, police said Tuesday they now believe Artur Segarra acted alone."

Poor old Panya can't seem to get it right. Again...

whistling.gif

Edited by iReason