Good butcher in Bangkok.

Bantex

I guess you have seen the meatdepartments in Central, Siam PAragon gourmet market, Isetan the japanese supermarket, Big C and Tesco , Foodland and so.....?

There's not much else in BKK as far as i know, only one real beef butcher at the road from Chaeng wattana to Impact Muang Thong thanii.

I have never seen a real butcher in BKK, i mean one where the butcher himself is chopping steaks and you can ask him to cut what you like. It's always very young (and uneducated) people working there who only put meat in plastic bags and even that is too hard for them.

On the markets you can see butchers in action, keep distance because you might get splashed with juices. Just follow your nose and you'll find them.

Sorry i can't help you better, for saucages go to Siam Paragon Gourmet market, find the Khun Vee stand (meat department) and order a kg of Viena smoked Saucages...they are awesome....really great.

There is an excellent butcher in Bangkok called Sloanes, butchers his own meat and also makes probably some of the best sausages you'll find anywhere. Not cheap, but worth it. His shop is out Bang Na way but he also does deliveries and some villa supermarkets stock the sausages

There is an excellent butcher in Bangkok called Sloanes, butchers his own meat and also makes probably some of the best sausages you'll find anywhere. Not cheap, but worth it. His shop is out Bang Na way but he also does deliveries and some villa supermarkets stock the sausages

How is the structure inside those saucages? Is it fine or course?

Depends on the sausage, about as authentic as you can get in Thailand

I am not from the UK and don't know Sloanes saucages. I'm asking about the structure so i pick the right ones when i see them in Villa market. I have seen frozen saucages there but not sure if they were the Sloanes.

Do they have fine structure? If not then i won't buy those.

One of the reasons high quality, freshly butchered beef is so difficult to find is that Thailand does not allow the import of beef carcasses, only pre butchered boxed beef. Thar is why it is so difficult to find items like beef ribs. Certain cuts with bone in are allowed.

I am not from the UK and don't know Sloanes saucages. I'm asking about the structure so i pick the right ones when i see them in Villa market. I have seen frozen saucages there but not sure if they were the Sloanes.

Do they have fine structure? If not then i won't buy those.

The Sloanes sausages can be identified by the word 'Sloanes' printed on the packaging.

As for a decent butcher, I'd recommend The Accidental Butcher on Ekamai 10.

• 2 weeks later...

​1) I made a special trip to Sloan's shop in Bangna, Soi La Salle. Everything frozen -- not a fresh butcher shop. That said, I like Sloan's sausages very much; and have bought many times. The Bratwurst is especially tasty.

​2) Sloan's sausages are very course grind: home style. Perhaps he has some fine grind, but I've never encountered those.

​3) Sloan's is not a general butcher shop. Mostly sausages and similar products (bacon, pate, etc.) from pork. Only a few beef items: sausages and pastrami.

​4) Instead of enduring Bangkok traffic to go to any butcher shop, I've been ordering all my meat and sausages from three sources: Passion Delivery (an advertiser here), Paleo Robbie, and Food Glorious Food. Always top quality from each of them. Passion Delivery delivers frozen throughout Thailand. I ordered a gift box for delivery in the deep South -- everything delivered in perfect order.

​1) I made a special trip to Sloan's shop in Bangna, Soi La Salle. Everything frozen -- not a fresh butcher shop. That said, I like Sloan's sausages very much; and have bought many times. The Bratwurst is especially tasty.

​2) Sloan's sausages are very course grind: home style. Perhaps he has some fine grind, but I've never encountered those.

​3) Sloan's is not a general butcher shop. Mostly sausages and similar products (bacon, pate, etc.) from pork. Only a few beef items: sausages and pastrami.

​4) Instead of enduring Bangkok traffic to go to any butcher shop, I've been ordering all my meat and sausages from three sources: Passion Delivery (an advertiser here), Paleo Robbie, and Food Glorious Food. Always top quality from each of them. Passion Delivery delivers frozen throughout Thailand. I ordered a gift box for delivery in the deep South -- everything delivered in perfect order.

Today i bought good beef in the Makro, aus-thai....good price as well.

I remembered members here posting about cumberland saucages so i also bought those to try.

I don't like frozen steak, fresh is better and i also like to see many cuts so i can choose which one i like. Makro has that and they even speak good english! All dreams came through.clap2.gif

I didn't eat beef for many months so it was a feast to have good steaks. And tomorrow again because i bought a lot.