hydroponics farming

aligator

Hello,

I’m very interested by hydroponics farming to make vegetables in my garden in Krabi but i would like to know what there is exactly in the nutrient solutions? Any chemicals products could be toxic for human? Should i mistrust or beware of some brand name ? With hydroponics method can we grow the local vegetables any season?

Thanks mates !

Hello All, what I use to make my own nutrients are the same as

used in commercial fertilizers except for the main "N" part, we use

Calcium Nitrate and soil fertilizer needs Ammoniacal<sp> Nitrogen.

Or you could use worm casting tea or another source or plant

nourishment.

There is several threads on Hydro here on TV and Aquaculture if

you fancy fish? Good thread on AQ also here on TV.

rice555

You need to go and ask on one of the aquaponics threads of do

some key punching on google, first, there is no real hydroponics

store in LOS and would have to be shipped here if there was a true

bottled/packaged OG hydro nutrients.

If you just want green's, you can get by with worm compost teas,

had a great VDO of this where they used red wigglers in Cuba for

small home gardens built from wood paletts and plastic sheeting

to make the grow beds. But don't expect great results with method

with tom's, egg's and chillies.

rice555

Would it be possible to grow chilli in this NFT system (actually designed for leafy vegetables)?

54327fd8a0b4a146b8d94bd9d6298059.jpg

Maybe with some modifications like using every second hole/growing tray.

Or install/replace the growing tray with the blue plastic pipes.

All, of course, with less costs as possible.

Any suggestion is welcome.

Thank you

NFT doesn't handle large root ball very well, think bag, slab or bucket.

That is if that is the size you were thinking about?

It is also not great for setting up support, 2 to 4 foot plants or 8' with

bells on a single truss.

I've seen pic's of NTF habs, but he was using 6'x6' rook wool blocks

and larger channels than you have.

They do grow some toms in NTF, it also a block and the channel is 1foot

wide.

My 8x8x 12 bags, really 8x8x8 un-folded is almost solid root mass at

the end of the grow.

rice555

I reviewed some books and magazines and they tell the same.

Should have some growing media as the growing period is longer than salad therefore bigger root system.

Also they might not tolerate standing in water all the time.

I will thinking and experiment was could be the best way.

Should have some growing media as the growing period is longer than salad therefore bigger root system.

I don't know if you followed the aquaponics/hydroponic thread that Frapting did, but

he had to stop his full time irrigation cycle to a timed on-off cycle with tom's for that

same reason in re-circlucation bucket system. He talked about it his "ponic wars' vids.

I don't know if Knapp Co. here in LOS that process and sales coir still has them, but

that had compressed coir slabs in bags for sale at one time.

rice555

• 3 months later...

Could I use tomato seedlings grown in small pots with soil to transplant them in a hydroponics system with either coconut coir and hydroton? Or they will die?

I planned to clean the root of the seedlings gently from most of the soil and transplant them to the hydroponics growing media. Give them some shade and misting for the first days.

Could I use tomato seedlings grown in small pots with soil to transplant them in a hydroponics system with either coconut coir and hydroton? Or they will die?

I planned to clean the root of the seedlings gently from most of the soil and transplant them to the hydroponics growing media. Give them some shade and misting for the first days.

Why would you use dirt in the first place if it was intended(??) to grow into hydro?

You can get by with it in coir, but if you are doing a recirc with hydration, it will wash

out and could clog up the supply lines.

Foam cubes or rock wool and bare root for transplanting into hydroton is best.

rice555

Why would you use dirt in the first place if it was intended(??) to grow into hydro?

You can get by with it in coir, but if you are doing a recirc with hydration, it will wash

rice555

It was not intended to grow them in hydroponics just wanted to try with a few came to my mind afterwards.

If, I will try with coir and filter then.

Thanks!

rice555

It was not intended to grow them in hydroponics just wanted to try with a few came to my mind afterwards.

If, I will try with coir and filter then.

Thanks!

Why not just grow them in bags coir? There's no advantage to

grow toms in a recirculating system, especially if there's going

to be a clogging problem.

If you still want to do recirc, wash ALL the dirt off the roots and

put them in the hydroton and leave the pump on 24/7 till the plants

show like there surviving and then go on a on/off cycle. The timing

of the feeding cycle was covered in the Ponic Wars u-tube, you can find a link to that on the Aqua/Hydro thread here on TV.

rice555

• 4 weeks later...

look at this channel. this guy grow his peppers in soil and feeding hydroponic nutrient to his plants.

I'm thai, I just interest to grow some peppers as a hobby. I just ordered some seeds from US. But when I try to buy hydroponic nutrient, they are all for salad green not for fruit tree. can you tell me what nutrient do you use to grow yours or where to buy it online in thailand. if I just use regular 2 part(AB) nutrient, do I need to add any other things to the mix ?

I'm not good in writing in english but mostly understand when read.

Edited by tamone

Hello tamone, ACK in BKK sales grow and bloom 2 part dry mixs(A & B) for tom/chilies.

If you google ACK hydroponics Bangkok, it should get you what you want. That search

will also bring up more hydro links to TV and the threads that have been going on for years.

I mix my own from chems from WESCO also in BKK, everything is by 25Kg bags and 1kg

boxes for the micros.

rice555

Hello tamone, ACK in BKK sales grow and bloom 2 part dry mixs(A & cool.png for tom/chilies.

If you google ACK hydroponics Bangkok, it should get you what you want. That search

will also bring up more hydro links to TV and the threads that have been going on for years.

I mix my own from chems from WESCO also in BKK, everything is by 25Kg bags and 1kg

boxes for the micros.

rice555

Thank you rice555, I just looking in to their website. Is it the same as other AB that sell all over internet ? (there is no detail for their products). Or is it possible to buy some nutrient from you ? (I prefer custom made than commercial stuff) and what micronutrient do you recommend, Nic-spray ?

Edited

Did you mean accenthydroponicsthailand that sales grow and bloom solution ? I only found regular AB in ACK site.

Edited by tamone

Hello tamone, ACK in BKK sales grow and bloom 2 part dry mixs(A & cool.png for tom/chilies.

boxes for the micros.

rice555

I finally found ACK nutrient here http://bit.ly/25SqUOO I call them, but there is only available in 5 litres both formular(900 baht each). I think that is too much for me. So, I ordered from accenthydroponics, now is waiting for order confirm. Thanks for your suggestion.

boxes for the micros.

rice555

I finally found ACK nutrient here http://bit.ly/25SqUOO I call them, but there is only available in 5 litres both formular(900 baht each). I think that is too much for me. So, I ordered from accenthydroponics, now is waiting for order confirm. Thanks for your suggestion.

Glad you found what your looking for, when I started growing hydro here, ACK was the only place that had nutes for toms and melons, all everybody else had nutes for greens.

To answer your question about micros, I use single chems to make each batch, Cu, Fe ect.

I mix up my A-B-C for 40L at a time for toms, and a A-B-C grow and add part D for bloom

for chilies, all seed is from the USA.

Happy growing.

rice555

boxes for the micros.

rice555

Glad you found what your looking for, when I started growing hydro here, ACK was the only place that had nutes for toms and melons, all everybody else had nutes for greens.

To answer your question about micros, I use single chems to make each batch, Cu, Fe ect.

I mix up my A-B-C for 40L at a time for toms, and a A-B-C grow and add part D for bloom

Happy growing.

rice555

Hi Rice, how are the nutrients working, I have not heard from you, so I guess all is ok?

Cheers

Scoop

boxes for the micros.

rice555

Happy growing.

rice555

Hi Rice, how are the nutrients working, I have not heard from you, so I guess all is ok?

Cheers

Scoop

Hello All, Scoop, the nutes are working very good, finding out the differences with the higher

EC with the 3 part-toms and the 4 part chili nutes. Eggs can take a little more than the chilies.

The only other problem is the weather. Rained very hard for hours 2 days ago and now 38 and

feels like a steam bath outside.

I thing of pulling everything and save the $ on the nutes and get ready to start my next crop next

month, only 10 days away...

rice555

post-37242-0-32329200-1466320395_thumb.p

post-37242-0-61191100-1466320442_thumb.p

post-37242-0-87097300-1466320521_thumb.j