Roses are insanely priced in Thailand!

Thaidude

Wanted to buy few roses for my lady for valentines day but since I am not in Thailand right now I was looking at some online flower delivery services and to my surprise they are charging whopping 1000 Baht just for 2 roses. I meanW-T-F ? Even there is no Amazon here to ship some gift so is there any other workaround?

Edited by Thaidude

Valentines day....what a bunch of bs....just another way to bilk unsuspecting chumps.

I disagree. Any guy with half a romantic bone in his body is already looking forward to Steak, BJ and S - T - F - U Day on 14th March which is the perfect complement to February's foolishness.

Edited by NanLaew

Thai girls (as a rule) don't work on the theory of "it's the thought that counts".

She'll think you're a total loon if you spend that sort of money on roses.

Send her a picture of a bunch of roses on FB or Line or whatever - cheap as chips and just as effective (or non effective) as the real thing. thumbsup.gif

That sucks! Anyone here who can do a favor for me? If you stay in bangkok, can you get in touch with me? It would be great if you could courier some Bouquet for me and I pay you through paypal if that works out. Please help you fellow brother :D

Have a friend go buy them at the market and give them to her$ Should be 100-150 THB dozen!

Yeah it's just inflated because a. it's valentines day soon. and b. you're a foreigner overseas. They know they have you over a barrel.

Try finding a website that caters to Thais. You'll have to find a thai dictionary to google it, but im sure you can find cheaper online.

Why on earth do people have to send flowers at an extortionate rate on Valentines Day, Mother's Day and so on?

Surely you can tell someone you love them at any time of the year. If you do it on these days , it is almost a "duty" and has no meaning.

Wait a couple of weeks and send a whole bunch of roses for the same price.

That sucks! Anyone here who can do a favor for me? If you stay in bangkok, can you get in touch with me? It would be great if you could courier some Bouquet for me and I pay you through paypal if that works out. Please help you fellow brother

Pure Florist accepts paypal.

http://www.pureflorist.com/

Edited by Don Mega

Two roses, including local delivery... `$59.50 in Australia (1500 baht) so it's not just Thailand, but buy a dozen and the price per rose comes down a fair bit. Buy only one in a presentation box, cost is $55!!

So it's 50% more expensive in a country where the GDP per capita is 1175% of Thailand.

That didn't really make your point did it?

Strange that. Wife buys rose bushes for our garden for only 30 baht a plant.

Where there is a niche there is a numpty.

Those roses are much smaller.

Valentine roses are huge and yes also expensive.

The girls show them on fayboo and all talk about it. The girl with the biggest rose is the winner.

But for 1500 baht you can send an EMS box to her from where you are and fill it with roses/candy and much more.

Strange that. Wife buys rose bushes for our garden for only 30 baht a plant.

Where there is a niche there is a numpty.

30 baht per plant... yes that sounds about right. We usually pay 40 or 50 for some exceptionally good ones.

Love the roses here, love my wife, love the north of Thailand.

Have a friend go buy them at the market and give them to her$ Should be 100-150 THB dozen!

Exactly. When my girl got hurt at work in December, I bought a dozen from a lady on Walking Street for 100 baht and took them to her at the hospital.

...roses are really around 20 baht each....

...when I was courting my wife I had a mutual friend arrange delivery to her office...locally....

...she got a gigantic bouquet and I think it cost me 500 baht or so...

...send someone 1000 baht here locally to take care of it for you if you can.....