Ape hangar bars - good or all show?

thehelmsman

Question is why do you ride?

If it's all about the speed then of course 'Apes' are silly. Mess up the handling, give you arm ache and expose you more to the elements.

But if you are a chop lover then radical high bars is part of a particular look

For many bikers the ride is not about how fast you can go, but about enjoying the ride.

For many bikers the ride is not about how fast you can go, but about enjoying the ride.

For many bikers the ride is not about how fast you can go, but about how they think they are perceived by others. Their reality is often not that of the viewer!

Still one has to abide by : "It is that you ride not what you ride" rule of thumb before one applies the " Light travels faster than sound" theory".

• 3 weeks later...

Determine how and why you ride.

I've modified my bikes for the way I ride starting with the seat, handlebars and suspension making multiple attempts to get the geometry just right; then engine performance and appearances. Try different handlebars and you'll modify the seat too as they affect each other. Prioritize and/or have multiple bikes for different rides.

For my cross country rides around the USA and Canada, my bike looked more like Dennis Hopper's than Captain America's smile.png, but from Pacific Coast to Sturgis or Laughlin I'd ride a semi-chopped 'rat' bike for camping anywhere... Up to you!! Enjoy the ride! Remember for motorcycling, it's the journey, not the destination....

Ape Bars are there for good reason and one must give praise to those that use/fit them.

We all need some humor to brighten up our days, seeing ape bars certainly makes me laugh cheesy.gif

Archived