Non O Multiple Entry 60 day extension

I have a Non O Multiple Entry visa based on marriage and I'm coming up to the end of my 90 day stay (15/02).

Can I apply for a 60 day extension in Udon Thani and which documents are required?

Is it the following?

My passport

Marriage certificate

Wifes ID card

Wifes house book

Thanks.

Thanks @rober507 you saved me some of the typing.

I'm in exact same boat, I have a Non O multiple entry based on marriage and my 90 days stamp expires on 15/02.

Is there a need to prove your residence or the above mentioned 4 documents are all that is required?

And the last question, is there any particular immigration office I have to go to? The closest to me would be in Korat but I actually live in Chaiyaphoom province. Can I go to any other provincial immigration office? I know I can go to one in BKK but I don't like crowds so would like to avoid BKK.

Thanks @rober507 you saved me some of the typing.

I'm in exact same boat, I have a Non O multiple entry based on marriage and my 90 days stamp expires on 15/02.

Is there a need to prove your residence or the above mentioned 4 documents are all that is required?

You will need roof of residence unless you living where your wife's house book is for.

Oh and another question is do I need to do a 90 days reporting or will it be done automatically once I get my 60 days extension?

Sorry never had to do it as I've never stayed here longer than 90 days.

The extension is considered a 90 report.

And the last question, is there any particular immigration office I have to go to? The closest to me would be in Korat but I actually live in Chaiyaphoom province. Can I go to any other provincial immigration office? I know I can go to one in BKK but I don't like crowds so would like to avoid BKK.

You will have to do the extension at the Khon Kaen immigration office.

Thanks as usual guys, very helpful.

However reading all other posts here, I got more confused.

1. I read about yearly extensions here. Is it possible to get a yearly extension to stay based on marriage? If so, how is it done and what documents needed.

2. I also read about a requirement to show 400K THB in the bank to get an extension. I thought that was only needed when renewing a visa based in marriage, not getting an extension???

400,000 Baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or 40,000 Monthly income.

A rough guide.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Letter from your Thai Bank showing balance and up to date bank book.
OR.
If income from outside Thailand: Letter from your Embassy showing income. Now may also need proof of income as back up.
If Income from Thailand: Statements showing Income Tax receipts.
Marriage Certificate. (Kor Ror 3)
Marriage Registry entry. (Kor Ror 2)
Wife's Tabbien Baan and ID Card.
Your Passport.
Copies of everything.
Photos of you and your Wife in and around the house.
A map showing the way to your house.
Passport size photos and 1,900 Baht fee.
Take your Wife to be interviewed.
One or two witnesses may be required.
You will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp.
Go back in a month and get the remainder.

Edited by Eclipse

@Eclipse is the above needed for a yearly extension or extension of any length?

Who determines how long of an extension someone gets?

The length of the extension depends upon what basis it is applied for. The extension of stay based upon marriage is one year.

The extension to visit your wife is for 60 day for example.

• Like 1