Looking for advices for possibly buying a house

i don't think you understand fully about 30/30 leasing as far as i know you lease the land for 30 years with the option of another 30 years then build a house on the land. i have never heard of leasing a house for 30 years as you state.

Only 30-year is legal after Thai Law, if the agreement includes the option for another 30 years, the whole agreement and the first lease-period is legally void.

However, you can make a separate, non-registered, agreement – but what is that worth when you need it after the first 30 years and lessor won't honor it, and it has no legal value if taken to court..?

i don't think you understand fully about 30/30 leasing as far as i know you lease the land for 30 years with the option of another 30 years then build a house on the land. i have never heard of leasing a house for 30 years as you state.

There is no such thing in Thailand as what you describe, there is only a 30 year lease, anything above that is speculative including future options, is outside the law and cannot be guaranteed.

It has been ruled in a Thai court that the option for a second 30 year lease invalidates the contract for the first 30 year lease ...... so don't go there.

just to complete what i said in OP , the idea would be to buy a house to rent it because i have a lots of connections where i live , it would be quite easy for me to find a long term tenant . And if i dont then i could just live there and send my mother the rent money instead of the house im currently renting.

When i said investment , the idea wasnt to sell it after some time and make a profit , but more like giving her extra money for retirement until... well you know until when smile.png

Was thinking about it because i know the market prices for houses and i have a good opportunity , i know the rental prices and it would be around 6 pcent ROI for long term an possibly more with short term rental ( but a lot of work ). Now lets say 6/7 pcent ROI ,its a very good compared to what she could get in France. To send her the money wouldnt be a problem at all either. I will not go into details but its not.

Now my concern was the way to do that legally , since its not my money i cant take any risk here , and offcourse find a way to keep that in the family later on.

Thanks for your answers folks smile.png

Edited by SlyouThai