Student making cat skeleton model faces disciplinary punishment

webfact

Student making cat skeleton model faces disciplinary punishment

275-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Kasetsart University's Faculty of Science is considering disciplinary punishment against a student for posting on his Facebook false information about the skeleton models he made from a cat and a rabbit died from mercy killings.

The posting of the skeleton models went viral on the social media with many Facebook users criticising his mercy killing of two pets as cruel, inhumane and unethical as they were still alive and should not be killed to make skeleton models.

Dean of the Faculty of Science Mrs Supha Harnnongbua said an investigation was conducted after the posting of the student went viral on the social media.

The student posted that the cat and the rabbit he used to make skeleton models died from his mercy killing.

Mrs Supha said it was found that the incident took place in 2013 when the student was then a first year student majoring in skeleton collection of the Zoology Section study.

The lecturer in the study had given carcasses of Guinea pigs to each student for experimental making of skeleton models.

But this student had damaged the carcass and requested for permission to use the cat which died a few days earlier to make the skeleton model instead. His request was accepted.

However she said his posting on Facebook about the mercy killing was just his impetuous decision, and he has apologised for what he posted which was not true.

Investigation also showed the rabbit belonged to his neighbour and it had died a few days earlier.

She said what this student posted on his Facebook was just a matter of misinformation.

She said that student was given a warning already but still the university will consider disciplinary punishment on him to set a precedent for other students not to repeat such unethical action.

National Laboratory Animal Centre director Prof Pradon Chatikavanija said normally any scientific experiment on animal needs to seek prior permit and the experimented animal must be in good health and is not infected.

In any case of mercy killing of the experimented animal, it needs to follow legal procedure stipulated under the Law on Experimented Animals, and ultimately the animal must be legally acquired, he said.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/150192

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-02-09

cock fighting, letting them rip each other apart and eating the loser, that's ok then!

My wife sisters kid raises Chickens to fight. Had a great dream the other night he was tied down while the chickens let loose on him and eat him alive. Oh it was a wonderful dream. Detest Animal abusers and hope all that comes to them and more. Karma.

cock fighting, letting them rip each other apart and eating the loser, that's ok then!

Obviously you have never seen cockfighting in Thailand!

They do not "rip each other apart"

Don't post unless you know what you are talking about!

I have seen it and yes they do rip each other apart. So dont you post unless you know what your talikng about.

Where have you seen this happen? Tambon and date please.

It is against the rules, besides which, fighting cocks are very valuable, and the owner would intervene if there was a risk of serious injury.

You think they enforce rules here about animals? See my previous post on my wifes sisters son. Province is Nakhon Sawan. Yes the winners are valuable but the lossers are not. Makes me sick. And before anyone may ask. No I dont eat meat either.

Obviously you have never seen cockfighting in Thailand!

They do not "rip each other apart"

Don't post unless you know what you are talking about!

Do they attach sharp blades to the cocks for fighting as they do in Indonesia? They certainly rip into each other.