Cobra Gold 2016 kicked off

webfact

Cobra Gold 2016 kicked off

cg.jpg

Bangkok, 9 February 2016 (NNT) – The Royal Thai Army and Pacific troops of the US armed forces have kicked off their Cobra Gold 2016 joint training exercise with an aim to address emerging threats and serve as an international peace keeping force.

Royal Thai Army Supreme Commander Gen Sommai Kaotira and US Ambassador to Thailand H.E. Glyn T. Davies today joined together to launch Cobra Gold 2016, the 35th incarnation of the annual joint training exercise, at the Royal Thai Navy Command Center in Sattahip district of Chonburi province.

The military activity will extend from today to this February 19 and has a focus on forging ties between the Thai and US armies so that they can serve as an international peace keeping force. The two bodies hope to be able to tackle emerging threats such as regional conflicts as well as provide humanitarian assistance and disaster relief in the Asia-Pacific region.

A total 27 nations are participating in the session with 7 main countries taking part in training, namely; Thailand, the United States, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia and Singapore.

In his speech to Southeast Asia’s largest gathering of military personnel, the US ambassador highlighted that Cobra Gold represents cooperation among over 20 nations for peace and stability and is the world’s most important multilateral cooperation. He asserted that the activity guarantees the continued social and economic stability of ASEAN and deters the emerging threats of an increasingly interconnected world.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-02-09 footer_n.gif

The Royal Thai Army and Pacific troops of the US armed forces have kicked off their Cobra Gold 2016 joint training exercise with an aim to address emerging threats and serve as an international peace keeping force.

Emerging threats? Democracy, freedom of speech, xenophobia, urghurs, economic recession, drought, the media, single gateway, defamation, less majeste, rubber price, dengue fever, ???

The Royal Thai Army and Pacific troops of the US armed forces have kicked off their Cobra Gold 2016 joint training exercise with an aim to address emerging threats and serve as an international peace keeping force.

Emerging threats? Democracy, freedom of speech, xenophobia, urghurs, economic recession, drought, the media, single gateway, defamation, less majeste, rubber price, dengue fever, ???

This is a military training exercise....

Its been going on since 1982....

Scenarios and training events change each year....

Anything else you want to know.... :)

I do hope the economic busy bodies that are always "cracking down" regarding food prices going up during holidays are doing their utmost to keep bar girl prices stable in Pattaya.

A scaled down version from the US side, don't know about the 28 or so other nations. Last year fewer than 4,000 US troops. Doubtful they all will visit Pattaya the same night so not to worry about bar girl prices. I don't think more than a couple hundred will show up here.

I do hope the economic busy bodies that are always "cracking down" regarding food prices going up during holidays are doing their utmost to keep bar girl prices stable in Pattaya.

We are certainly getting 'screwed'...on food prices. Female companions continue to look real bad and prices are crazy. They are turning into 'B' girls, the term used at military base bars for girls who sit with you while you buy them overpriced 'lady' drinks with no chance of further exploration.

I was fortunate enough to be in Pattaya when the Abraham Lincoln battle group was ashore a few years back. I never got to meet my Marines then, but later during another exercise. A far cry from my Marine Corp. They worked in the orphanages, other civic projects. I met with a group of sailors, which in my day would have been good odds, one Marine about 12 swabies...lol. A great bunch of guys. I do think they still didn't realize they could die doing their job. They didn't even seem interested in bar fine and no, people the ladies did not all disappear or raise prices. I prefer my days when it was f*** or fight and we didn't give a damn, we knew we were going to die. Hokay Hey, a good day/time to day. Frankly I'm tired of the "Cobra Gold" the Marines are coming and the ladies will disappear and charge extra. This is an entirely different bunch but just as capable in combat as all Marines were. Semper Fi!

"In his speech to Southeast Asia’s largest gathering of military personnel, the US ambassador highlighted that Cobra Gold represents cooperation among over 20 nations for peace and stability and is the world’s most important multilateral cooperation. He asserted that the activity guarantees the continued social and economic stability of ASEAN and deters the emerging threats of an increasingly interconnected world".

More importantly, what he also said, and which is conveniently omitted from the governments mouthpiece reporting here, was this;

As deep and broad as our partnership is today, it will grow stronger still WHEN (my emphasis), as the prime minister has affirmed, Thailand returns to elected governance. With a strengthened, sustainable democratic system, Thailand’s regional leadership role, and our alliance, can reach its full potential,” the US ambassador said.

Edited by thelonius

Was not Cobra Gold in progress when MH370 disappeared?

With all the Foreign Aircraft and ships that were here.... Are we led to believe that an unknown passed over the peninsula.... That close to the Cobra Gold Visitors (within their Radar- doesn't matter witch one was not working with MH370 location sending unit turned off) Or are we being led to believe that they could have been Attacked? This is how you would do it?

Not one Foreign Nation Scrambled a Jet to investigate!!! I cannot believe that!!! We (USA) had better equipped troops here in Thailand during Vietnam War....!

Was not Cobra Gold in progress when MH370 disappeared?

With all the Foreign Aircraft and ships that were here.... Are we led to believe that an unknown passed over the peninsula.... That close to the Cobra Gold Visitors (within their Radar- doesn't matter witch one was not working with MH370 location sending unit turned off) Or are we being led to believe that they could have been Attacked? This is how you would do it?

Not one Foreign Nation Scrambled a Jet to investigate!!! I cannot believe that!!! We (USA) had better equipped troops here in Thailand during Vietnam War....!

Yes, and look at how the Vietnam war turned out - an ignominious defeat.

orwell-war-is-peace.jpg