One Mans View Of Pattaya

bartender100

Good honest post though, he is right about the white trash/bums, they don't have any money and just hang around making the place stink... can't be good for tourism if that is your income can it?

He could do like I did and get outta Dodge and move into the countryside, with infrequent visits to those places, up to him.

Bash

Good honest post though, he is right about the white trash/bums, they don't have any money and just hang around making the place stink... can't be good for tourism if that is your income can it?

I live in downtown BKK and recently in the soi next to my house, one middle aged farang stopped me (Brit I think but it could have been any nationality):

"Sorry, Sir, can I bother you for a little while?"

"Sure"

"I am very ashamed to ask you but I have no money left for my next meal, could you give me a litlle bit? In exchange I give you pictures I took all over Thailand, please, Sir, have a look,.."

"Keep your pictures, I give you 100 Baht, don't make ME ashamed of being a farang in Thailand,..."

I will not comment on my next comments,...

True story,... :o

BC- well you are a bit nicer than I would be. Piss Off -I hate beggers if they were legitimate I might be obliged, but you know its a con from word go. I bet if you said oh no problem mate lets head to one of the carts and I'll buy you some grub. The response would be NO just give me a 100TBH.

I had a Moroccan give me directions to a 24HR Burger stand in Rome - I was like cheers mate let me buy you some grub for leading us to the proper spot. (3AM so not as if I know where to go) I bought the lad some food, and the bastard had the nerve to ask me for Lira. :o Felt the urge to thump him, but instead I put the fear of God into him, and he basically thought better of it and legged it.

unfotunatley all the girls in living dolls are under kens influence, what i mean by that is some i know take customers in there to see ken to sort of get his seal of approval, whether this is a good or a bad thing i don't know.

kens always been fine with me and my wife and he has two successful bars.

the guys right about some right scumbags in pattaya, unfortunatly most of them are from the uk.

here's a little story...

I was in the Brit embassy getting a passport renewal, by the way they are very nice in the consular section, very efficient and helpful.

Anyway on the way out of the main exit I saw a Brit lad sitting on his arse crying. Being the nice friendly chap I am, I asked him what was wrong, he said he had been drugged and robbed in khao San Road, lost the lot and the Embassy had given him 100 quid to live on for 10 days, and a one way ticket out. All the cash was all gone after 7 days so he went back for a little more, they denied him. I just said follow me mate, went to the ATM on the corner of Wireless Road and gave him 3500, what can you do. If I was conned then that's that, but the thing is you never know do you, if the shoe was on the other foot and I was in the same shit I would hope to bump into someone like me, and I can piss fifty quid in a night no probs.

I did go back the next day at the same time to see if he was pulling the same stunt, hung about for an hour or so but no sign of him, could have been real... If not I would have bashed him!

Bash

Basher...Well always exceptions..but I'd think he would have rang home and had some dosh wired to him. Course assuming he had anyone reliable!

yes maybe you are right, I did ask about help for him from home, but he was a 1 legged orphaned window cleaner (well the window cleaner bit was true).

Naa he said he only had his mum and she was skint...

Like I said maybe I was conned but it felt like the right thing to do at the time, and if it was myself in the same situation....

Bash

Have just read the entire thread - un-be-f..íng-lievable!

Is this how the other half a(:D/(m)uses themselves?

Guy says he's staying at the Dusit, then gets snotty about Walking Street. Didnt he try Soi Yodsak first - much nearer home.

Thank the Lord I read Thai Visa (among other sites) rather than that rubbish.

See - I'm holier than thou too :o