Inline Plug/Socket - Where To Buy?

Greenside

I'm looking for some compact inline connectors for mains voltage like the one pictured on the left. The only ones I have found so far are the bulky Schuko type (shown on the right) which are a bit big for what I have in mind. Before I order online from Bangkok or get someone to bring them over from the UK, I wonder if anyone has seen any in town?

post-40471-0-39079200-1455078012_thumb.j

post-40471-0-75134400-1455078463_thumb.j

Edited by Greenside

Thanks Crossy, They will be for indoor use only and I was wondering about those although Amorn seem to be going downhill in a big way and before the main store moved, half the shelf space seemed to be cheapo food items. Worth a trip, though.

It's a pity, but I'm afraid I agree with the comments about Amorn...no conduit of any type, and pretty limited electrical supplies overall. China/Thai mom/pop/daughter almost always has what I need, and there is an extensive electrical supply at Baan & Beyond, too. Can't help you withthat specific item, as I don't know exactly what you are trying to do. www.banggood.com has been good, lately.

all those sockets/plugs in global. very end of the row near the lightning conductors.

I buy them all the time as i make my extension cables with them as they are safer than the white ones that just melt if you try to charge a phone.

all less than 30bt each

I looked in GH the other day and could only see the Schuko plug and trailing socket which I could use as a last resort - I'll check again tomorrow, though. The CMPG just replaced all it's exhibition lighting tracks with a design that can take two live ends and I want to be able to have the whole deal operational without resorting to getting out the ladder and screwdriver in future.

Went to Amorn today to find they have only those very basic low quality 2 pin plastic jobs which won't last a minute. OK Accessories, who used to be the no 1 place for cables of all kinds, has moved from what is fast becoming the Amorn Building but their other branch had a very handy kettle plug extension lead with a decent looking moulded plug and socket and 3 core cable, albeit 1m². This would work if I use two to connect each track so I have a good fallback there.

By the way, they also had a 3m three pin to kettle plug which is longer than most leads supplied with computers.

Edited by Greenside