Chiang Mai Airport Welcomes Chinese Visitors, 116 Extra Flight to Chiang Mai Scheduled

webfact

Chiang Mai Airport Welcomes Chinese Visitors, 116 Extra Flight to Chiang Mai Scheduled
by CityNews

welcome-chinese-1024x575.jpg

CityNews – As usual on Chinese New Year, Group Captain Wisut Chantana, director of Chiang Mai International Airport together with the airport’s executive team and others involved welcomed Chinese passengers arriving at Chiang Mai international Airport on February 9.

All passengers from China received oranges as souvenirs. The terminal was also decorated for the celebration.

According to Group Captain Wisut, during Chinese New Year festival, between the dates 3rd February to 22nd February, 116 extra flights have been scheduled at Chiang Mai International Airport, mostly to and from China.

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/chiang-mai-airport-welcomes-chinese-visitors-116-extra-flight-chiang-mai-scheduled/

cn.png
-- Chiang City News 2016-02-10

Pimay1, on 10 Feb 2016 - 15:36, said:

I can't believe they didn't estimate how much money they expect from this windfall.

Not a Lot

I was at airport plaza yesterday to watch a movie. There were plenty of Chinese tourists and they were shopping spending money. I saw a couple come out of Robinson with the guy weighed down with bags of purchases. None of them looked poor. Contrast them with me the farang guy. I spent 100 baht on the movie(cheap day) and had vegetarian "kapow" at the revamped food court 40 baht and spent 70 baht on some cakes at Yamazaki.

Yeah, they're flying them in between 12am and 6 am!

NO the're not! The planes come less than 200 metres from my bedroom window 300 metres from the runway. Don't talk such cynical BULLSH*T. About 2 extra planes in the early hours, that's all. Most arrive in the daytime, because they need to check in and out of their hotels in the daytime.

China Eastern alone had six departures between midnight and 04:30 on 9th Feb to places like Hefei, Wuxi and Ningbo. All CNY related. There are at least six other mainland chinese airlines that visit plus Hong Kong and Taiwan airlines. Some mainland visitors arrive in Gulfstreams, Global Express and other private jets.

NO the're not! The planes come less than 200 metres from my bedroom window 300 metres from the runway. Don't talk such cynical BULLSH*T. About 2 extra planes in the early hours, that's all. Most arrive in the daytime, because they need to check in and out of their hotels in the daytime.

China Eastern alone had six departures between midnight and 04:30 on 9th Feb to places like Hefei, Wuxi and Ningbo. All CNY related. There are at least six other mainland chinese airlines that visit plus Hong Kong and Taiwan airlines. Some mainland visitors arrive in Gulfstreams, Global Express and other private jets.

The thread is about Arrivals not Departures. The planes take off so steep they don't come past my window so I don't hear them. I sometimes hear 1 land about 3:30 am and another about 6:10 am. That is all. Normal landing times are 7:10 to 00:10. I have rented this house since 2011. I live here you don't!

The thread is about Arrivals not Departures. The planes take off so steep they don't come past my window so I don't hear them. I sometimes hear 1 land about 3:30 am and another about 6:10 am. That is all. Normal landing times are 7:10 to 00:10. I have rented this house since 2011. I live here you don't!

Before they can depart they have to arrive like one hour or one and half hours earlier. The flights that departed at 03:00 or 04:00 didn't land the night before prior to midnight. During the middle of the night they are more likely to depart southwards. This wasn't a normal day it was the start of the Chinese New Year. Flights to Wuxi, Hefei and Ningbo would be probably be the first the airport has ever had.

This CM news and announcements sub forum doesn't allow attachments like the main Chiang Mai forum otherwise I would post the info.

Sounds like all those early am flights arriving 200m from your window is making you cranky! (typing in bold or capital letters is considered shouting btw)

Dont get your knickers in a twist.

I live in Mae Hia.

I am aware of them flying in and out at night, but only when I get up for a pee.

The Chinese are here to stay, ever since they made the movie "Lost in Thailand" they are coming in their droves.

Don't expect it will stop anytime soon, unfortunately. I am more more pissed off by having to dodge their incompetant driving than worrying about the flights and when they arrive and leave

Airport immigration ain't much fun either, what with this Chinese firedrill. I came in the end of December on Korean Air, landing about 11:00PM. Long wait, tho' Immigration could have opened a few more lines. Chinese trying to queue break, plus trying to use the "Thai only" lines. Most of these types were quickly straightened out by the legitimate line waiters.

Seems most aspects of Immigration in Chiang Mai these days could use some bolstering.