Bangkok Tailors

Tawan77

Hi all. I've got a few more weeks in SE Asia and was wondering if anyone could give me info on buying a suit & shirts in Bangkok.

Anyone have a favourite tailor?

What's the going rate for a suit + shirts deal?

Thanks for your responses. If commercial posts aren't allowed please pm me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm a big fan of Jackie's right under Nana. My wife and I had a crazy amount of new items made from them in the last few weeks. I'm wearing one of my new shirts right now. Not the cheapest place, but nowhere near the price I was paying in The States. Plus, my tailor in the USA never once gave me a beer while I waited on a fitting. (

)

Oh, and the items were done in a few days. Top notch work. Free tailoring in the event I lose (not gain, dammit!) weight. Or get taller.

Tell 'em "Sheila and Evo" sent you. I think I get a free shirt out of a referral, which would be awesome!

Edited by Evo Terra

Just go to the first one that grabs your hand in a firm handshake and never lets it go and asks you where you come from so he can tailor his attack especially for you. He will make you feel very special like he is doing you a favour by offering a suit especially tailored just for you and nobody else but you..... plus because he is so honoured to have you in his humble shop and because you are so wonderful and it is a honour to be in your presence he will throw in a free tie and perhaps a shirt . He will be your best long lost cousin that you never knew you had until today and when he addresses you as "Boss" well you know you are the man in charge.

Edited by xen

You will get a lot of replies here suggesting different tailors. The only one you need to know is Tailor On Ten if you are after quality tailoring with real fabrics and no upsell. www.tailoronten.com

Western managed and run. Completely different world of quality and customer experience to the dodgy old Indian places that Bangkok tailoring gets a bad impression with.

Give their website a read and check out their "get what you pay for" page. It is useful information, specially if you visit another place. That way you will atleast have an understanding on what to look for.

Just go to the first one that grabs your hand in a firm handshake and never lets it go and asks you where you come from so he can tailor his attack especially for you. He will make you feel very special like he is doing you a favour by offering a suit especially tailored just for you and nobody else but you..... plus because he is so honoured to have you in his humble shop and because you are so wonderful and it is a honour to be in your presence he will throw in a free tie and perhaps a shirt . He will be your best long lost cousin that you never knew you had until today and when he addresses you as "Boss" well you know you are the man in charge.

You must shop at Peter Armani's [emoji23]

You must shop at Peter Armani's [emoji23]

i actually use some Thai Tailors down near the corner of Sukhumvit and On Nut Road (soi 77) . Been using them for about 30 years and only once i strayed to an indian tailor shop in Pattaya and wasted my money and increased my stress levels. Never ever again.