Do Cops Use Dash Cams?

jaywalker

Dash cams seems to be a hot topic.

Forgive me if this has already been covered, but has anybody ever heard of a Thai cop dash cam?

They are standard equipment in the US and there are countless Youtube videos of them.

I have never seen a Thai cop dash cam on YT though.

Again, sorry if this has been asked before, but TVF has so many sections it's impossible to read everything.

Why would they want dash cams?

They rarely stop anybody for a moving infringement.

Was following a BIB in my truck at 90klm. A Vigo ute underpassed us both doing at least 160 and making a helluva racket. BIB carried on and took the next exit (without indicating I might add).

The less informed believe, rather simplistically IMO, that dash cams are little beacons of truth......it would follow that many Thai police also believe this, so surely it would also be fair to assume that the last thing they want in their car (or on their helmet) is something monitoring their every move?

The less informed believe, rather simplistically IMO, that dash cams are little beacons of truth......it would follow that many Thai police also believe this, so surely it would also be fair to assume that the last thing they want in their car (or on their helmet) is something monitoring their every move?

That is not right yet. During the last days I saw a couple of Police bikes in CM. And....on top of their helmets I saw those little cameras. I can't say if they were working, but as it is said.....Thailand moves forward

Police hate dash cams as they may contradict there version on what happened. No video

footage and there version of what happened is what stands. Police should support

dash cams and body cameras but they just don't. Criminals lie and so do police. coffee1.gif

That is not right yet. During the last days I saw a couple of Police bikes in CM. And....on top of their helmets I saw those little cameras. I can't say if they were working, but as it is said.....Thailand moves forward

So what is not right? Why not read my post first before you start and curb your urge to gainsay my posts.

So what is not right? Why not read my post first before you start and curb your urge to gainsay my posts.

review you quote. Here my extra lesson for free: the last thing they want in their car (or on their helmet) is something monitoring their every move? Enjoy you day if you can

review you quote. Here my extra lesson for free: the last thing they want in their car (or on their helmet) is something monitoring their every move? Enjoy you day if you can

".it would follow that many Thai police also believe this, so surely it would also be fair to assume that the last thing they want in their car (or on their helmet) is something monitoring their every move?" - usually discuss with those higher up the food chain.

• 2 weeks later...

Well things can and DO change in Thailand. Just came back from Laos, and driving down the Mittraphab highway the first thing I noticed at Kaeng Khoi and again in Udon Thani and Nong Khai was the overhead cameras (T-cams I think they're called) over the road. One of them said "TEST" so they are probably not fully functional yet but probably will be soon. In Khon Kaen there are signs indicating that for the next 14km an 80km/h speed limit is strictly enforced. Hmm...yet it wasn't too long ago when everyone was barreling down central KK at 130 before breaking hard for the traffic lights near central. Some of the speed cameras are now regularly mailing out fines.

Just like I remember back in 2005 when I asked Thai police if they used breathalyzers and they said "NO", nowadays they seem to be everywhere.

So perhaps it will only be a matter of time before Thai police start using Dash cams and more importantly, speedsters are chased down by them and fined.

Just put a 7/11 bag over the No plate.those plastic bags are always blowing about....pesky tings

Or put the number plate in a nice glass fronted frame, believe this has the same effect-- these frame are now banned in some if not all states in Australia.

Archived