Russians tourists spent almost $2 billion in Thailand in 2015

webfact

Not sure about the Russians, but interesting article on zero/low cost tours from China:

http://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2015/07/zero-dollar-tours-part-of-the-fabric/

She was referring to the age-old conundrum of seepage whereby foreign tour operators invest in Thailand’s tourism product to ensure that most of the profit and revenue is repatriated. Chinese tour operators go as far as to buy condominium units and transform them into accommodation for their clients to ensure the revenue stays in their accounts. It is a common practice in Pattaya where as much as 30% of the units in a condominium are bought by Chinese tour operators. They usually ask for a separate lift and reception area to be included in the deal.

She said that the tax payment check would help to ensure tourism income stays in the country rather than transferred back to China.

Lots of articles out there about the impact of these types of tour groups on the economy, environment and local workers...

It is a common practice in Pattaya where as much as 30% of the units in a condominium are bought by Chinese tour operators.

naturally the land on which the building stands was imported from China and that applies to sand, cement, reenforcement steel, tiles, hard and soft furnishings as well as all labour for construction.

p.s. i refrain to comment on the rubbish "30% of the units..." which insults my intelligence dry.png

to be honest i did meet some poor russians but that was in pattaya ...

phuket or krabi most are well off to rich and behave accordingly nowadays.

Unless you speak with them for some longer time you will often not even notice they are russians (they do have a slavic dialect but they could often also be Finns , Poles or such)

most of them where very well behaved , educated and did really spend lots of money there.

totaly different people than the russians you find on a turkisch or eqyptian beach and in the all incl resorts most other places

If you say so Comrade....

Fersh'd did je learnin zjour englischz?

be sure i am neighter Russian nor do i like them very much as a German.

Still the ones i did meet in thailand outside of pattaya where the "better" kind and well behaved and educated

i do very much believe that there is many bad russians out there but i didnt meet many in thailand. i do meet a lot more of them in europe !

Last year over 880,000 Russians chose Thailand as their holidays destination, which is twice lower than the previous year.

When Russians stop coming to Thailand, you know Thai tourism is in trouble.

No ruble true trouble

thats very much the problem.

the ruble did loose about 2/3 of its value in the last 2 years and that means thailand now costs them 3 times as much as 2013 ... and i wouldnt fly to thailand if the price would now tripple either

Not sure about the Russians, but interesting article on zero/low cost tours from China:

http://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2015/07/zero-dollar-tours-part-of-the-fabric/

She was referring to the age-old conundrum of seepage whereby foreign tour operators invest in Thailand’s tourism product to ensure that most of the profit and revenue is repatriated. Chinese tour operators go as far as to buy condominium units and transform them into accommodation for their clients to ensure the revenue stays in their accounts. It is a common practice in Pattaya where as much as 30% of the units in a condominium are bought by Chinese tour operators. They usually ask for a separate lift and reception area to be included in the deal.

She said that the tax payment check would help to ensure tourism income stays in the country rather than transferred back to China.

Lots of articles out there about the impact of these types of tour groups on the economy, environment and local workers...

It is a common practice in Pattaya where as much as 30% of the units in a condominium are bought by Chinese tour operators.

naturally the land on which the building stands was imported from China and that applies to sand, cement, reenforcement steel, tiles, hard and soft furnishings as well as all labour for construction.

p.s. i refrain to comment on the rubbish "30% of the units..." which insults my intelligence dry.png

Sorry, but I know a guy who owned a large number of units in a condo building. He was focused on the Russian market. Had a marketer in Russia, onsite Russian speaking staff. Was going to operate it like a hotel. I believe he had some 80 units and was looking for investors to help with the funding of some of the as they were in the process of being built. I backed out and I've heard so has he due to the slump in tourists from Russia. Sounded like a great idea though....airport pickups, onsite tour rep, etc.

Sorry, but I know a guy who owned a large number of units in a condo building. He was focused on the Russian market. Had a marketer in Russia, onsite Russian speaking staff. Was going to operate it like a hotel. I believe he had some 80 units and was looking for investors to help with the funding of some of the as they were in the process of being built. I backed out and I've heard so has he due to the slump in tourists from Russia. Sounded like a great idea though....airport pickups, onsite tour rep, etc.

i don't doubt that cases like this exist but how does that support the generalising nonsense "common practice"?

It is a common practice in Pattaya where as much as 30% of the units in a condominium are bought by Chinese tour operators.[/background]

i am one of the rare "non-Thai bashers" but in this respect i can't hold back and point to a "common Thai practice" to blame foreigners, foreign governments and last not least evil ghosts when something goes wrong or doesn't work out.

and that in a most silly and embarrassing way dry.png

So how match Bath pr Russian put money in Thailand off all and stay in Thailand ? Wonder.

nobody knows exactly but the quoted $ 2billion is definitely an exaggeration.

If you do the sums it's probably quite accurate.

880,000 Russians spending USD2bn. That'a $2200 per head roughly. Bearing in mind most Russians tend to stay for two weeks at a time that only equates to about $150 per head per day.

In other news, Chinese tourists collectively spent 2,000 baht in 2015.

i can remember, the other report (from China) said that an average chinese tourist spends 170 US Dollars per day on holiday in Thailand

i never trust any figures put out by a thai because they are not really fit in counting

This is how it's structured with Russian touroperators: Minimum 1200 usd for Pattaya 10 days package tour for 2 persons

-----------------

10%-14%: always agent's comission for selling the tour

20%: hotel dbl room accommodation with breakfasts (or more for more expensive hotels)

2%: transfer airport-hotel-airport & medical insurance

1-4%: touroperator's profit

65 %: airtickets net cost (airticket sale price varies signicantly from date to date, from hotel to hotel)

-----------------------------------

On high dates /dates with good sales touroperator raises the sale price of airticket in package to make more profit.

On low dates or dates with poor sales touroperator lowers the sale price of airticket in package and loses.

----------------------------------

In Thailand tourists also spend money on lunches, dinners, excursions, shopping.

Touroperators make some profit from some organised excursuions and some organised shopping.

In other news, Chinese tourists collectively spent 2,000 baht in 2015.

i can remember, the other report (from China) said that an average chinese tourist spends 170 US Dollars per day on holiday in Thailand

i never trust any figures put out by a thai because they are not really fit in counting

$170 per day is not that high. Based on this report, Chinese tourists spent an average of $6,000 per visit.

http://www.breitbart.com/california/2015/03/01/average-chinese-tourist-spends-6000-per-california-visit/