Awfull Chinese drivers in CNX, beware.

davehowden

Those articles from the BP and the Phuket gazette are confusing me totally...

600 car per day dropping to 10 or 0? Where were they going? They stayed in Chiang Rai province?

I have literally not seen a single blue plate in Chiang Mai since Feb - March this year whereas they were everywhere before February..

Anyone has any detail on what happened between March and July?

I still see them but less, more paperwork for them and not worth the trouble and Thailand got what they wanted less Chinese with money and more 0 baht Chinese.

How do you come up with such ridiculous conclusions? Do you just make up stuff?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

600 car per day dropping to 10 or 0? Where were they going? They stayed in Chiang Rai province?

I have literally not seen a single blue plate in Chiang Mai since Feb - March this year whereas they were everywhere before February..

I still see them but less, more paperwork for them and not worth the trouble and Thailand got what they wanted less Chinese with money and more 0 baht Chinese.

How do you come up with such ridiculous conclusions? Do you just make up stuff?

Sarcastic but he is probably right: those caravan groups and most of the car users at least go to the petrol station so for sure are already spending money rather than the 0 Bath tour bus getting refillled.

Coming by car they probably have more purchasing power than the average Chinese on bus tour..

they were going to C.M., Sukhothai, Bangkok, and onward to Phuket, etc. the new law forbid them from traveling beyond the Changwat of entry. and even then they had to apply in advance, and go through a lot of paperwork. what happened? law was enforced.

That's what I heard as well, from a Thai friend. The law was already in place, but largely waived as a gesture of goodwill. But there were too many problems with these Chinese drivers, so the government decide to enforce.

they said on the news that when they crossed the border, more than 1/2 didn't know to drive on the opposite side of the road, and many sped out on the wrong side and almost hit children playing in the area. hard to imagine so many didn't research that they drive on the opposite side of the road here. they almost hit pedestrians as well. supposedly it was chaos.

They do research, they just can not remember under the stress or excitement or overwhelming fear.

...., dare I say it...., yes I dare....,

How can I tell that they're Chinese..., are they better dressed ? or do they drive more erratically ?

..., or maybe both ?

For the ones with a car: blue plate, easy to spot...

For the one on a motorbike: map in hand, easy to spot :)

For the one walking and shopping: they speak real loud and will just bump into you, instead of avoiding you, if you walk toward them :)

Is that the Chinese cars that are cutting me off when I am driving? Or not letting me into a long line when trying to pull out of a side street or parking lot? Or speeding everywhere? Or riding my tail and then passing me just to turn onto a driveway or parking lot? Or passing multiple cars on the Chiang Rai road and running ongoing traffic to the side? That must be them parking on the wrong side of the road? Running red lights? Or leaving their cars in the road while they go inside a business to get something? It must be them parking on a street during no parking hours to back traffic up? It's the Chinese who can't make a turn lane so the lights have to go one at a time? Or it must be them with the billowing black smoke out the back of their cars? And for sure it is them driving with no driving license and no insurance and naturally it is them leaving the scene of accidents? And it's them who, when they get into an accident, it is always the other guys fault, so they have to leave their cars in the middle of the road until the police and insurance people come. Now I realize what the problem is. It's the Chinese!

Archived