Awfull Chinese drivers in CNX, beware.

davehowden

Wow....

I'm not sure if I a bored anymore when I read endless Stupidity. Tragedy. Senseless loss of life young and old. Depravity. Just inhumanity... Am I?

I can't complete this sentence.

One person told me on my blog "I don't have the chops"

This still remains in me.

How should I behave?

Why is my wife so accepting?

My daughter is 2.6. Do I want here in school here?

I/We live Thailand.. I think you/we do to.

This is right out of a New York Broadway show Annie!!!!

Do I Fit In?

All I can Hope, Pray for is our health. Our Reduction in being Serious.

And you, We have the person.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely they cannot be worse than Thai drivers,for which the

indicator/turn signal is a mystery ,and you have to

be a bit of a mind reader to try and fathom what they are

going to do next.

regards worgeordie

thing is if you been here for a while you are probably a bit used to how the Thais Drive

The Chinese just seem to randomly do insane things that even the Thais shake their heads

As for the Chinese never driving before. my friend told me a story just last week, said he was hiring a big bike to go on

a trip up north. While there a Chinese man came into the shop dressed to drive, he had all the gear, expensive helmet, jacket, gloves, pants

etc. He wanted to rent a bigger bike and when the Thai gave him the keys to the bike the Chinese man asked how do I ride it... they took him out back to give him a crash course on how to ride a motorbike... scary

Surely they cannot be worse than Thai drivers,for which the

indicator/turn signal is a mystery ,and you have to

be a bit of a mind reader to try and fathom what they are

going to do next.

regards worgeordie

yes, I agree. Somehow mind reading is helpful. Just to imagine where they might want to go or what to do. Saved my life probably many times already in CM.

Can't say I've encountered them in Nong Hoi. Plenty of Chinese at the Holiday Inn, but they all come in on the humungous tour buses.

Don't understand why people are getting their knickers in a twist. It's just population control and Darwinism at work.

Personally, I'd rather be involved in an accident with a Chinese. Firstly because I would only speak Thai to them. Secondly, because it's more likely the BiB would be more even-handed in apportioning blame.

However, I am somewhat baffled how the OP and other posters can distinguish a Chinese motorist from a Thai motorist. Somebody let me in on the secret, please.

I don't understand why everyone is so upset about this. Just another form of population control, with some Darwinism thrown in.

Don't complain when someone special to you is killed by one of these muppets!

Incomplete post, sorry. Internet gremlins.

I'm not capable of distinguishing between a Thai muppet and a Chinese muppet.

Can't say I've encountered them in Nong Hoi. Plenty of Chinese at the Holiday Inn, but they all come in on the humungous tour buses.

Don't understand why people are getting their knickers in a twist. It's just population control and Darwinism at work.

Personally, I'd rather be involved in an accident with a Chinese. Firstly because I would only speak Thai to them. Secondly, because it's more likely the BiB would be more even-handed in apportioning blame.

However, I am somewhat baffled how the OP and other posters can distinguish a Chinese motorist from a Thai motorist. Somebody let me in on the secret, please.

They have blue plates on their cars. Not that difficult coffee1.gif

And the driver sits on the wrong side.

So that includes the cars and motor bikes they hire here?

The blue plate special is helpful. Not so sure about the second statement. Having an attack of the wrys, are we?

The blue plate special is helpful. Not so sure about the second statement. Having an attack of the wrys, are we?

I can only comment on those driving their cars from china. They're enough to cope with. The ones on m/c rentals stand out like a sore thumb to most people. Guess you're not "most people". I googled wrys, but nothing came up part from "Waterford Regional Youth Service" coffee1.gif

Some diplomatic plates are blue with the driver sometimes on the wrong side too, aren't they?

I can only comment on those driving their cars from china. They're enough to cope with. The ones on m/c rentals stand out like a sore thumb to most people. Guess you're not "most people". I googled wrys, but nothing came up part from "Waterford Regional Youth Service" coffee1.gif

Them on m bikes I've seen, more often both wear helmets, reading a map, videoing with phone, haven't noticed what the passenger's doing.

:)

Incomplete post:

......with their head looking down trying to squint at a map app whilst the sprogs are jumping up and down waving at everyone.

The non driver usually the wife will be putting on make up or reading an atlas upside down.

Easy to spot.

Some diplomatic plates are blue with the driver sometimes on the wrong side too, aren't they?

with chinese script?

I've seen some blue plates driving like rseholes before. assumed they were UN or ngos. Driving racing Audi SUVs like complete pr1cks!

In my own personal experiences: The Vietnamese are the worst drivers I have ever experienced.

There probably are worse drivers if you spent time in all the other countries around the world but I am certain the Vietnamese are up there at the top of the list for worst drivers and prime candidates for the worst drivers of the century awards.

Cheers

Now that Chinese drivers are showing the whingers that maybe the Thais aren't quite so bad after all, we just need a few more imports: some cops from Cambodia and the Philippines, some politicians from Malaysia, some bureaucrats from Laos and Vietnam, and some customer service personnel from Burma. That ought to provide some perspective.

Oh stop all this bickering and judge for yourselves....

There's tonights entertainment taken care of anyway....

Well that's fairly typical.. Just like here it's the idiot motorbike drivers running red lights most of the time.

Yep ....everywhere in the world accidents like that happen...some are happening as we speak.

When I watch the accidents and the percent of them that are caused by plain carelessness ( especially all the motorcycle accidents ) it makes me think of the person getting hurt saying: "Damn, that hurts...I did not think it would hurt that much"

Cheers

It isn't Thailand, or driving on the opposite side, or this generation. Thirty years ago I lived in a Chinese community in California.

They drove the same way. If they suddenly pulled over to the right of the road, you knew they were going to make a left hand turn. At least you could count on that!

Not defending them but remember they are also driving left hand drive cars.

Not easy fullstop to drive on the opposite system and even worse when 80% of those Chinese have a genetic eye defect meaning they are all looking through the bottom of a beer glass.

Thats worrying.

They shouldn't be driving. No debate.

Okay, the Urban Mainlanders can be difficult at times., However my current wife is Chinese and currently curating a museum in Southern Yunnan, She has never learned to drive. I tried for several years to teach her in Canada with not even close to any form of success. She and some of her staff members are taking driving lessons in China right now. It starts off with a written test that was quite difficult, harder than the written test she passed in Canada. Next they had to attend a 3 day first aid course and pass it.Next....(not happened yet) she will have to attend 20 days of driving lessons for 6 hours each day...every day. I believe this is very new to some regions in China where you could formerly just pay some money and receive your license.. She said the instructor told them right at the start that she will not take money....they must pass the test !!!

Maybe the next generation of Chinese drivers will be better. I did like the compulsory first aid course, as they know they will see may crashes ;-)

I would think that Cambodia might have the worst drivers. I hear that President Hun Sen has stated that he will remove the need for motorcycle licenses as a vote getter for the next elections.

...Ken

Archived