Retirement Extn visit to Ayutthaya Office Report

Hi, I have read quite a bit on TV in relation to visa and extension applications and also recently posted a request for any tips specifically relevant to the Ayutthaya office. Many thanks to the useful, helpful contributors on this topic. My wife spoke to the office a couple of times and we visited them once previously to ask for a residency certificate as part of my driving licence application process. They seemed very efficient and helpful on each occasion.

On to my visit for my first extension of stay based on retirement. I thought I had everything lined up properly but hit one small snag, which was quite easily overcome. We initially reported to the front office, where there was no queue. The guy there checked all of our documents, passport, blue book etc and gave me three forms to complete; the application itself, a notice about overstay penalties and an form about an 'under consideration' period.

I returned shortly with the completed forms which he then checked, again there was nobody in front of us. We then went into a small office, moving from desk to desk collecting bits of paper and stamps as we progressed. it was only when we got to the fifth and final desk that they noticed that the bank clerk had put the wrong date on the supporting letter that we had got the previous day. This was fixed by a quick visit to the local branch, who gave us a print-out of a revised form that our local branch e-mailed to them.

The IO accepted the B&W printed copy letter on the understanding that we would go to our bank the next day and send an original, correctly dated letter by EMS the next day.

In short, we dealt wit half a dozen people there, did not have to wait at all and received a quite warm reception throughout. The experiences in my local amphur office have been quite poor, but I would genuinely give the Ayutthaya Immigration Office ten out of ten for the way that they dealt with us.

Thanks again to those on this site who help guide so many others through their travels and new lives here, you know who you are.

post-234944-0-65774200-1455178402_thumb.