Question. I logged into Yahoo mail service and it prompted me to link up to my Facebook account.

Charlie69

This morning, I logged into my Yahoo mail account to check my messages. It seems now that yahoo has added another feature that will allow you to link all your mail boxes into one Yahoo mail account.

Since, then I can't even loggon to my facebook account and they want me to sent to them a scanned ID such as my passport, and two other forms of ID. Plus they want me to Identify my friends who are part of my facebook page, but the problem is. When they show me their photos, I don't read or write Thai or Cambodian. Is there away around this other than setting up a new Facebook account.

And also to remove all the information that I entered into yahoo to try out their new program. I don't seem to be able to find it either on Yahoo or via Gmail.

no virus ? no hacking ?
last year had the same... but that was fb that asked me to scan my id and passport (????, fb never do this !!!!) (i was maybe too much active with critics against thai rtp/authorities wink.png (specially about koh tao case) wink.png .... strange also , at that time got lot of problems with my computer.... (sometime when i wanted to log in , i got mess writing that somebody was already using my pc blink.pngfacepalm.gif )

i preferred remove my fb account and create a new.... smile.png

Edited by silverado

It has become nearly impossible to open an email account without linking you to something. Yahoo goons want your phone/cellphone to send you a code to open an account , without it no account. It blows , because I like to change my mail addresses but can't ....because I don't want linkage to my cellphone.

Yahoo also pushes you to change passwords , blocks your account when your IP address changes radically ( accessing from Thailand and then going home to europe ). Others too , want cellphone or social media account , but I don't do social media/spy , cause I value my little left privacy.

question to OP : have you sometime noticed some changes in the time (hour/min) written on your pc ? this can be the proof you've been hacked or somebody (same police or other authority) has an access at a distance to your pc and use it... be very carreful , i agree 100 % with last sentence of post n° 5

Edited by silverado

My friend, if any on-line service asks for scanned proof of identity (+ 2 other forms of ID?) then you better start assessing the value of that service. Especially free services such as email.

Alternatively, deep scan your computer for anti virus & malware as soon as possible........................wink.png

Edited by chrisinth

They're already linked…on some level….whatsapp….FB and Yahoo.

I often find names pop up on FB in the suggested friends list that are people with whom I may have exchanged a casual email or whatsapp message.

The level of intrusion is disturbing.

I NEVER use FB from my phone….the last thing you want is for these a-holes to have all your details.

They make billions selling your data and give you squat in return….dont make it easy for them.

My friend, if any on-line service asks for scanned proof of identity (+ 2 other forms of ID?) then you better start assessing the value of that service. Especially free services such as email.

Alternatively, deep scan your computer for anti virus & malware as soon as possible........................wink.png

Then change pass words...

biggrin.png I think he might be too far down the road for that.

That said, his problems seem to be with FB; any social media asking for scanned personal ID are not social........................wink.png