Recommendation for whole house sediment filter

Monomial

The area where we are building our house currently receives its water from the tessebahn. The water is filled with sediment and pressure is very low. I am looking for a whole house filter that operates at low differential pressure and can be backwashed. I've spent the last several hours reading the previous threads on filtering, but still have not found a solution.

I really want something that does not use consumables. That means no disposable cartridges, and nothing that uses salt. A simple granite/sand filter would be just fine if I could find something. I also need something big. The cheap sediment filters at HomePro, even with washable cartridges, would need to be manually pulled and cleaned twice a day. The water is bad enough that you can actually watch big chunks of debris flowing through the hose when you turn it on. If you fill a bath tub and wait an hour you get a nice layer of mud on the bottom.

Can anyone recommend a unit that would be appropriate for this situation?

First, do you know it's not hard to install a pump that will increase your pressure?

If you can't find a filter, labor is cheap in Thailand and you could have one made. Get several cross-sectional drawings of them so you can show what you need. I would want a tank that's taller than wide and that holds at least 30 gallons. Don't forget that you'll need a drain to somewhere for that back-flushed water. It will be filthy.

There is a purpose-made valve on them that you don't need. They are handy for on, off, back-flush and so on but you can make a manifold with several valves that will do the exact same thing.

I had a friend who had one and it worked great. He added another stage which was a chlorinator but opinions will vary on that.

Good luck. I hope someone knows where you can just buy one, but with what you described it should be a big one. My friend's was about 2 mtrs tall and about 1/2 mtr wide.

This is the style of filter you should be looking for

The type of media will depend what you looking to filter out,they can be made from carbon steel as well.Plenty of suppliers around.

http://gn-water.com/whole-house-filtration/whole-house-stainless-steel-water-filter-system/stainless-filters-installation.

Note the link is for indication purposes only and not any endorsement or company support.

Have you looked into just a gravity feed system that is built from those concrete rings and then uses aggregate of various sizes (the fine sand is on top, as it does have to be cleaned every so often). We have/use one of those and it does just fine. It is a pain in the ar$e to have to clean the fine sands about twice a year, but for the price....a real consideration. Every other time, we replace with new sand, but still have to wash even the new sand if we want quality, clear water. pg