Fitness Centre at Lake Marbprachan.

emilymat

This fitness centre opened about a fortnight ago and I joined on one of the usual 'promotion' offers.

Today and last Monday I was the only customer using it which I find strange. All the equipment is brand new and top of the range and there is a swimming pool, sauna etc. I've been waiting for somewhere like this to open on the darkside and I thought it would be very popular.

Maybe it's the price or the lack of knowledge about it's existence.

For 15 years I had been a member of the Dusit Thani hotel gym, but it's become a bind going into town with all the roadworks and tour buses etc. However, when that place was quiet - which it often was - I comforted myself with the fact it was there primarily for hotel guests and therefore would always remain available, however little used.

Now I like a quiet place, but I hope business picks up for these people, as there must have been a substantial investment.

I have absolutely no connection whatsoever with the place, I do not even know who owns it. I just don't want to have to revert to going into twon again. I know there have been one or two 'gym's' opened, specifically one on Siam CC road, but the equipment etc is decrepid and no air con or TV's etc. (I won;t mention any naames as I nearly got banned on here under the defamation laws by the mods. facepalm.gif