Conscription for dual national

Asheron

is their such a thing as 4 month service ??

Good question

It takes 10 weeks basic training

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

different in every country
Agreed but it ain't gonna take a weekend to train a killer.

10 weeks or about that

a 5 year old can kill

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better to relinquish Thai nationality & be the EU

No point in having Thai passport anyway if you have passport & citizenship from EU country

That's even worse advice than the "don't get ID or tabien baan".

giving up a thai passport? ok it is not the best passport in the world, but being able to come to thailand any time without a visa is pretty sweet. not sure what my 4 year old half thai son will do. still have 18 years to think about it. he will probably not speak alot of thai. wonder if he would still get drafted with limited thai language ability.

Avoiding the obligation is not very clever. It will either come back and bite you or it will restrict your choices in the future.

Get all your documents in order, put your ear to the ground with some hi-so Thais to learn how they got out of it, and if it involves the drawing, do it.

I'll bet you'll feel liberated to be a full Thai citizen with all the documents to prove it, plus this thing behind you instead of in front.

I was thinking about helping, wasting 20 mins of my life which I'll never get back, but have decided against it....

Moronic posters and an OP who wouldn't know good advice for the life of him...

Edited by samran

I was thinking about helping, wasting 20 mins of my life which I'll never get back, but have decided against it....

So you just felt like including yourself in the first part of your second sentence?

So you just felt like including yourself in the first part of your second sentence?

I think you'll find Samran is a dual national and has advised on this matter before. Having gone thru the process.Normally his input us very good so I'm with him on this one. Edited by maprao

Thai Birth Certificate

Thai Passport

(Born in the UK to a Thai Mother)

Result

No National Service if you do not enter Thailand and do not obtain a Thai ID Card.

I have been advised to renew the Thai Passport, but never to apply for a Thai ID Card.

This will result in him eventually getting a Thai ID card without having to serve in military as he would be unavailable. IE serving in the UK Armed Services.

Thats right folks, if you apply for Son or Daughter to apply to join the UK Armed Services, then they will be exempted from joining the Thai as it is seen as a conflict of interest. There is not guidelines are laws governing, so you can stop googling, its common sense.

Would you attempt to hire an active member of a foreign armed forces for you miltary,

My Son also has added stress of being an Israeli Citizen too. They don't seem to be as picky as the Thais.

In the words of Budha "Stop Fighting"