Conscription for dual national

Asheron

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it true that if he stays out of Thailand until he is 30, then comes back and goes to the conscription office he can get an exemption?

NO he will be arrested,

Not sure about that

Could be in trouble if the person has intentionally avoided his duty.

I doubt the person would end up in the monkey house though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the person is not registered in Thailand with an ID card, or in a blue book, He/she does not exist if he has another nationality passport they will class him as a citysen from that Country, However if he wants to be Thai, He can go to the Area of where he was born ,If known and ask around to see if anyone remembers his family, If they do they can go to the Local Amphur and vouch for him.Then he can get an ID card and go from there, But If he is a duel National, Thai and whatever he will have to do national Service, If he does not then he maybe arrested on entry into Thailand .

This person has dual citizenship. What are you talking about?

When some one has two passports , from diffrent Country's, The person in Question on this post ids not registered as a Thai although born there,

Another perfectly reasonable thread hijacked by a nutter.

Excuse me who are you implying can i ask.

Not you.

Ok thanks just asking,

Having gone through this process with other people, IE, Helped them get their id card becasue not registered, So i know about getting them verified by some one who is local that knows them for an ID card.

Also My wife's friend who lives in England whos son was Thai/English with both passports, So did some resurrect, Indecently he went back to do His Bit for Thailand, and was killed the second day there by a Motor bike. very sad,

Also if you are a Duel national and you have to do national service in the Army of the Country that you live in , And its not Thailand , when you have finished your service you should get a certificate of Service, if you produce this to the Thai authority's that will be serfice to prove you have done Service.

Also you can Buy yourself out of National Service, approx 50,000baht, Again I know becasue My Wifes Brother did this for his son ,

Edited by Thongkorn

If the person is not registered in Thailand with an ID card, or in a blue book, He/she does not exist if he has another nationality passport they will class him as a citysen from that Country, However if he wants to be Thai, He can go to the Area of where he was born ,If known and ask around to see if anyone remembers his family, If they do they can go to the Local Amphur and vouch for him.Then he can get an ID card and go from there, But If he is a duel National, Thai and whatever he will have to do national Service, If he does not then he maybe arrested on entry into Thailand .

When some one has two passports , from diffrent Country's, The person in Question on this post ids not registered as a Thai although born there,

Yes he is as he has thai passport, tabien baan and ID card.

I wasn't in special forces but as stated RN.

What is your relationship to this person?

Tell us, please.

My realtionship to this person has no relevance to the question.

Is this person living in Thailand?

No.

Yes he is as he has thai passport, tabien baan and ID card.

If he has an ID card then he is registered, Even if he receives paperwork if he is in Thailand he is not automatically drafted, he has to put his hand in a bag and pull out a bag, in it there are two balls black and red , if you get red if i am not mistaken you are drafted,

If living out of Thailand just show the paperwork from services served there,

My Thai Son wanted to go so volunteered, In that case he got to chose where he went, Navy Army or Air force,

I don't know much about this issue, but I can tell you what happened to my son.

He was born in Thailand and has Dual Nationality, Thai / Australian (Passports and Citizenship).

When it came time for him to register he when to do this. He was hoping to have this deferred as he was attending University.

At the registration, when the Officer in Charge noticed that he had Dual Nationality he was told that he would be excused from doing National Service. Reason given by the Officer was that he maybe required to do National Service in Australia (I think that this is not likely to happen).

I don't know what has happened to others in this situation, this was just the out come in my sons case. Maybe he was just lucky.

We hope your boy doesn't get picked!

It's not his son.

He's asking about a friend of a friend of a friend

I.e someone he has never nor will ever meet

Seriously, you need to go take your medicine :)

That's a good post.

Also, how would a dual citizen, who gets chosen to serve in the Thai military go about it if he/she doesn't speak/read/write Thai

Surely that's a get out clause for the op's person whom he doesn't know

You surely won't be accepted to serve if you can't understand?

Let's face it, it's not the French foreign legion where only French is spoken but you can join if you've no clue what they're shouting at you!

It's not his son.

Seriously, you need to go take your medicine :)

He's back with nothing again

It's not his son.

Seriously, you need to go take your medicine smile.png

He's back with nothing again

Just advicing you that it's bad to stop taking the medication your doctor gave you.

Do you need further advice or have you wasted everyone's time enough?

Op, this one needs closing

It's going nowhere fast

The op has more than enough info to write a report on this one!

You are wasting everyones time as you don't even seem to be able to hold one thought in your head without imagining a "truth" in your head and at the same time miss that i am the OP.

So please, do me a favour and stop posting in this thread and it will surely get somewhere.

Better to relinquish Thai nationality & be the EU

No point in having Thai passport anyway if you have passport & citizenship from EU country

I'm not sure about all the requirements, but some circumstances could make it necessary to weigh the options. As an example, my niece has a very nice house and several large properties in Thailand. She is a dual citizen as is her son. He cannot speak or write Thai as he was born and raised in the US. However, I believe he will have the ability to inherit her properties and dispose of them as he see fit once in his name. He will be in school and not in Thailand during the years he might be conscripted. I'm not sure how that works out, but it's something someone might want to consider before giving up their Thai citizenship.

Do you need further advice or have you wasted everyone's time enough?

Op, this one needs closing

It's going nowhere fast

The op has more than enough info to write a report on this one!

You seem to be expending a LOT of effort telling the OP what to do. He sounds like a big boy; why not just drop out yourself?

is their such a thing as 4 month service ??

Good question

It takes 10 weeks basic training

different in every country
Agreed but it ain't gonna take a weekend to train a killer.

10 weeks or about that

no, there are countries which do it in 6 weeks