Change of Visa at Vientiane

Anything I should be aware of before going? I'll be going from a setv to a non O based on retirement.

I've got my passport, setv that is extended until late this month, a TM 86 form for change of visa, embassy notarized income verification letter, 2,000 baht fee, copy of passport bio page, copy of entry stamp and visa, copy of rental agreement.

Anything else that I will need or is it even possible?

Thanks

You will be applying for a single entry non-o visa at the consular section of the embassy in Vientiane not a change of visa.

You will submit a visa application form not a TM86 form. You use this form New Vientiane Form July 2015.pdf

You will need a copy of your passport photo page, Lao visa/entry stamp and a copy of your income letter attached to the application. Just show them the original of your income letter so that you can use it when your apply for your extension at immigration.

• Like 1

You will be applying for a single entry non-o visa at the consular section of the embassy in Vientiane not a change of visa.

You will submit a visa application form not a TM86 form. You use this form

You will need a copy of your passport photo page, Lao visa/entry stamp and a copy of your income letter attached to the application. Just show them the original of your income letter so that you can use it when your apply for your extension at immigration.

On the visa application form, I assume my residential address is my billing address at my home country as my present address in Thailand would be the proposed address in Thailand, correct?

Also, what to put in the Name and Contact of Guarantor in Thailand and the Name of Guarantor in LaoPDR sections? Thai girlfriend and hotel in Laos maybe?

You will submit a visa application form not a TM86 form. You use this form

On the visa application form, I assume my residential address is my billing address at my home country as my present address in Thailand would be the proposed address in Thailand, correct?

Also, what to put in the Name and Contact of Guarantor in Thailand and the Name of Guarantor in LaoPDR sections? Thai girlfriend and hotel in Laos maybe?

You could put your address for here in both places.

For Thailand you can put self or your girlfriend's name and address. Leave the Lao one blank since that is for Laotians only.

• Like 1

Roger Lee, hope you don't mind I add a question here. When one applies for a single entry non-o visa, does the required fund be in an bank account at this point? Or I just need an income letter from the embassy.

If you have a income letter that proves at least 65k baht of income that is all you need. Same for when you apply for an extension at immigration.

• Like 1

Hi Ubonjoe, I will use the combination income. When I go to Vientiane to get the single entry non-o, I will have the letter from the embassy stating my Social Security income plus Pension amount but I will not have the money (the difference that makes 800,000 baht) in the bank yet. So can I still apply for the single entry non-o?

Hi Ubonjoe, I will use the combination income. When I go to Vientiane to get the single entry non-o, I will have the letter from the embassy stating my Social Security income plus Pension amount but I will not have the money (the difference that makes 800,000 baht) in the bank yet. So can I still apply for the single entry non-o?

You will need to show a bank book with enough money in the account to make a total of 800k baht to apply for the visa.

It seems you may be from the US. You will do an income affidavit at the embassy to prove your income.

• Like 1