Extension of stay put into replacement passport

I have had to get a new passport which arrives this week as the last one was stolen. I then obviously need to have my extension of stay stamped back in. Does anyone know if you have to get the extension of stay stamped back in from the same immigration office as it was issued? I have since moved to a different province and want to avoid having to return to the old one if not necessary.

Unless you have formally changed your address to the new office you will probably have to go to the office where you got the extension.

You could try without having done the address change but you would need proof of residence for where your are living now.

If your last passport was stolen, how can they transfer your extension of stay ?

It is not a transfer. It is a reinstatement of the extension in the new passport. It will help if he has copies of his old passport page but immigration can obtain the needed info from their records.

• Like 1

If your last passport was stolen, how can they transfer your extension of stay ?

First point is to report the loss of your old passport.

For that you need a police report. Do you have?

You can hardly do a formal address change before the new passport has been registered at immigration.

Also in this case you will likely need a letter from your embassy confirming your new passport.

Edited by KhunBENQ