Divorced in UK, now divorced in Thailand, do I need the same again in Thailand to remarry again.

daiwill60

Situation is:

I got married some years ago in Thailand and had to produce all necesarry Uk divorce papers , translated into Thai etc etc , to get married to a Thai some years ago. Now i am divorced from that Thai and have a Thai divorce paper to prove it, in Thai language, of course.

If I now want to remarry, do I have to go through the same rigmarole that I went through before in order to get married, bearing in mind I have already shown and provided the necessary paperwork the first time around? I would not have been able to marry in the first instance if I did not prove all eligibility documentation first time around, and therefore would not have Thai divorce papers if I had not initially proved that I could be married.

So would I have to go through all that again, up to Changwattana to get paperwork to show to amphur office to get a permission to marry certificate, get a translated document of the paperwork verified by British embassy again then, translating my Uk divorce paperwork from the embassy into Thai etc etc .

Seems silly if I do bearing in mind I have a Thai divorce certificate now ?????

Considering what happened before, why would you like to get married again?

It seems that you'll have to start from the scratch. can't you just live together long enough to make sure if your relationship is okay?

Or are you only looking for an easier way to live here?

Considering what happened before, why would you like to get married again?

It seems that you'll have to start from the scratch. can't you just live together long enough to make sure if your relationship is okay?

Or are you only looking for an easier way to live here?

Don't think the OP was asking for your opinion.

The answer is that an 'Affirmation to Marry' is required each, and every, time you get married in Thailand.