Tha Chatchai checkpoint

Ian1980

As newbie in Phuket i pass throught a checkpoint near the Sarasin Bridge twice every day.Its Tha Chatchai checkpoint?Is correct?I saw a lot of police but, in 3 weeks in Phuket,when i pass throught it(9 am and 7 am)in never saw any control by them....

It's more of a video check-point as all number plates front and back are recorded, maybe even the driver's face.

But also i never saw them check out minivan or bus

You mean check the pax ? As far as I know it's mostly about checking the vehicles exiting and entering Phuket province.

It's more of a video check-point as all number plates front and back are recorded, maybe even the driver's face.

But also i never saw them check out minivan or bus

You mean check the pax ? As far as I know it's mostly about checking the vehicles exiting and entering Phuket province.

Exactly:when i was in Chiang Mai and move by bus every time we went out from Chang Mai military(or police)step in the bus and check id and passport.But i never saw so huge checkpoint and no control at all.

Once. approaching Phuket, I was passed at high speed by a lowered, pimped up, boy racing machine weaving dangerously through the traffic. It was populated by several dodgy looking characters.

When I arrived at the checkpoint it was very gratifying to see the boys pulled out of line and half a dozen coppers going over it in detail. So they will check vehicles if they think they are suspicious enough.

Unfortunately, about ten minutes later, it again flew past me further down the road.

Once. approaching Phuket, I was passed at high speed by a lowered, pimped up, boy racing machine weaving dangerously through the traffic. It was populated by several dodgy looking characters.

When I arrived at the checkpoint it was very gratifying to see the boys pulled out of line and half a dozen coppers going over it in detail. So they will check vehicles if they think they are suspicious enough.

Unfortunately, about ten minutes later, it again flew past me further down the road.

Understand