New video advertising

Briggsy

I notice that there are now adverts with video at the bottom of the screen.

Simultaneously when they are in view, Thaivisa slows to a crawl and becomes unusable.

Are these two occurrences related or are they just a coincidence?

If the former, would it be possible to remove this advertising?

I have the same issue.

When are the TV management going to realise that they are simply overloading their pages and making it difficult to use, and even embarrassing with dating sight advertising all over the place. It makes it uncomfortable to use in a public place where your screen is visible.

Less is often more!

I see many regular posters have drifted off the site in the past 2 years. And as you cannot disable or quit membership, TV get no feedback as to why users have left.

Perhaps they should consider having an exit process so they get feedback rather than just having long standing members move off the site. Or even conduct a survey about the site to all regular users about the good/bad/indifferent aspects of using and interacting on the site.

p.s. In the real world where I have performed similar consultancy work, I would have charged you USD1,000 for the above brief advice, and circa USD20,000+ for implementing a well designed and simple strategy to assist you to keep your existing members happy, improve your advertising revenue without having more adverts, and further improve the usability and functionality of the site.

However I'm retired and don't really want a job of any sort - it would interfere with my golf. So don't PM me. coffee1.gif

Have you got a work permit to give that ^^^ advice biggrin.png

Quote Or even conduct a survey about the site to all regular users about the good/bad/indifferent aspects of using and interacting on the site.

Great suggestion, i'll 2nd that.

Or even conduct a survey about the site to all regular users about the good/bad/indifferent aspects of using and interacting on the site.

Surveys are conducted regularly, once a year I think.

I've never seen a survey asking members what they like and don't about Thaivisa.com?

Always thought that discussion of moderation in the forums was a no no

Won't be long and this topic will be closed......

I've never seen a survey asking members what they like and don't about Thaivisa.com?

Always thought that discussion of moderation in the forums was a no no

Well, they do happen, quite regularly. And, yes, all kinds of questions are asked about what members think of Thaivisa, including the level of moderating.

Maybe a mod or admin could let us know when the next one will be happening? I guess with the new owners it might be on a different schedule now.