The noisy Chinese Invasion !

only1

they are quite rude on the sidewalk as well. won't yield halfway and will also double up coming in the opposite direction.

fortunately, i'm a fairly big guy. i yield half the path and after that it's shoulder to shoulder. had a couple manly jousts yesterday biggrin.png

Manly jousts with the men also? 1508623.GIF

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Chinese" is the general name for their language. There are many, many "dialects" which are basically mutually exclusive, so not exactly a dialect in the pure sense.

Depending on the region in which you live, you might encounter Cantonese, Shanghainese, Taiwanese/Fukienese or Mandarin (the official language of the country) and so on.

Interestingly, no matter what spoken version of Chinese you use, the written language is always the same. So you can have a person from some distant village speaking a "dialect" that a person from Hong Kong does not understand at all, but if they communicate by writing, they can understand each other.

If you mean loud Americans when they are drunk, maybe so, but the fact is that the Chinese are arrogant and completely dismissive of others ALL THE TIME.

Americans don't even touch the hem of the Chinese.

What about gay chinese Americans? Overheard a conversation of such in smoothies about their "activities". Nearly spewed in my coffee.

"Chinese" is the general name for their language. There are many, many "dialects" which are basically mutually exclusive, so not exactly a dialect in the pure sense.

Depending on the region in which you live, you might encounter Cantonese, Shanghainese, Taiwanese/Fukienese or Mandarin (the official language of the country) and so on.

Interestingly, no matter what spoken version of Chinese you use, the written language is always the same. So you can have a person from some distant village speaking a "dialect" that a person from Hong Kong does not understand at all, but if they communicate by writing, they can understand each other.

Fukienese sounds a great one to learn, could be very useful!!

:)

Except for Traditional and Simplified. 1508596.GIF

Fukienese sounds a great one to learn, could be very useful!!

:)

Do what to my knees?

When I first was in HK i was being left behind on MTR platforms, escalators, and lifts until I learned to body-check along with.

There is some extreme queue cutting happening at CM shops (Boots, Peera, 7/11) and buffet lines.

The obviously put-off Thais too polite to react but the few times I just said "HEY!" in a loud clear voice it worked.

So I prefer them to others like the unwashed, Singlet-clad Mongers, and obvious minor criminal types. Some who would happily assault you for looking at them wrong.

Edited by arunsakda

I much prefer them to the loud Americans.

where are there loud americans in thailand?

Always on a table next to yours in a restaurant!

They are not necessarily next to my table. They can normally be heard through the place, and they're usually only talking to the person in front of them!!

At least their females often look good in circus pants. They have also prevented the gays from taking over even more of the Nimman area. Still, no peripheral vision, totally oblivious to others on the road or sidewalk....and real system players when it comes to renting, etc..

the gays?

shouldn't bigotry be contrary to forum rules?

If your preference is for (the term) "homosexuals," then so be it. Ironically, your orientation has found you right smack in the middle of a thread bashing people based on their nationality, which IS against forum rules.

Amazed at the number of Chinese number plates parked at the Orchid hotel this morning, and cars travelling in line also with blue number plates. Earned a few toots from Thai drivers as some meandered across the lanes in Huay Kaew Rd.

..., and don't even start me on the way they push in when there's a line up for anything !!!

Ooops hang about just who are we bitching about today...., is it hipsters with tribal tatts and man buns or those cabbage patch dolls that spirits live in ?

Edited by Sandy Freckle

i am sorry to have to say this but they are without doubt the noisiest tourists going. I was recently on a train heading to Sydney when a group of Mums and kids got on and sat down across from my girlfriend and i . I was instantly aware of the increase in decibel levels and proceeded to analyse what was going on around me.There were approximately 4 ladies and i think 3 children in the group and they were all talking at once. Seriously. I continued to observe the dynamics of my discovery and finally came to realise that it seemed that whomsoever talked the loudest got heard ? Not being able to understand the language i wasn't able to ascertain whether the other members in the group were actually responding to the loudest speaker or any other memeber of the group for that matter but it sure did'nt look like it to me. One might go further to say that possibly they were just in love with the sound of their own voices?Or perhaps growing up in a nation of 1 billion the struggle to make your mark in the world and to be recognized as an individual has led to this quite bizarre behavioral trait?

At least their females often look good in circus pants. They have also prevented the gays from taking over even more of the Nimman area. Still, no peripheral vision, totally oblivious to others on the road or sidewalk....and real system players when it comes to renting, etc..

the gays?

shouldn't bigotry be contrary to forum rules?

If your preference is for (the term) "homosexuals," then so be it. Ironically, your orientation has found you right smack in the middle of a thread bashing people based on their nationality, which IS against forum rules.

bangmai's former avatarpost-229088-0-40878300-1455536584_thumb. let her say what she wantspost-229088-0-40878300-1455536584_thumb.

I was having dinner with my gf last night at Chinese kitchen in Shangri-la Hotel. A group of

Chinese near me and they were so loud and obnoxious I could hardly hear my gf talk. I am a regular

at that hotel and know the manager well so complaint made and in short order, the obnoxious Chinese were told to keep

quiet or leave. I have never encountered another race that is so loud and pushy.

When I first was in HK i was being left behind on MTR platforms, escalators, and lifts until I learned to body-check along with.

There is some extreme queue cutting happening at CM shops (Boots, Peera, 7/11) and buffet lines.

The obviously put-off Thais too polite to react but the few times I just said "HEY!" in a loud clear voice it worked.

So I prefer them to others like the unwashed, Singlet-clad Mongers, and obvious minor criminal types. Some who would happily assault you for looking at them wrong.

I would gladly assault you after you have slandered me and my friends.

It might make sense if we were in a country full of softly spoken people . I am here 15 years now and still fail to understand why two locals can be standing beside each other having a conversation and I in my condo almost a hundred meters away can hear easily every word they are saying. Shouting seems to be the only way of communicating with each other.