Why are so many Thai men so jealous, possessive and insecure about their women?

spidermike007

Agree there are some seriously "broken" farangs on TV. They seem to believe that if they dump on the Thais, it somehow improves their otherwise miserable lot in life. But I doubt that it really does.

I would include the 'severely judgmental' in the 'seriously broken' category.

Not to mention those white guys that have become so 'Thai' that they call other white guys 'farang'.

You don't strike me as someone who would concern himself with this non-issue that a tiny number of farangs seem to be obsessed with. It's just a word, no different than the word Asian or Caucasian. But if that's the path you want to take, good luck with that.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silly thread to be honest. Fact is, Thai guys and Asian guys for that matter are sick of seeing non-Thais and non-Asian guys steal their women. That is a part of the reason of the resentment towards non-Asian guys in Asia. Facts are facts peoples.

I'm not sure this is true. Thai men are always throwing women my way. They tell me there are more than enough for everyone. It can get a bit embarrassing sometimes.

Silly thread to be honest. Fact is, Thai guys and Asian guys for that matter are sick of seeing non-Thais and non-Asian guys steal their women. That is a part of the reason of the resentment towards non-Asian guys in Asia. Facts are facts peoples.

You really believe this? Funny. If anything, the Thai guys love throwing us their crumbs. I've not yet met one Thai guy who's remotely threatened by non-Thais "stealing" their women. If anything, they're privately appreciative that we're taking their uglies out of the gene pool.

There is one born every minute. It would be 95% probability she is meeting her other boyfriend of maybe her Thai husband. I once had a tour round Thailand with my then Thai G?F she organised a mini bus thru her family and it was driven by her so called brother who was actually her husband. The whole family came on the 2 week tour with us Mother, sister and later I found out her husband was the driver. She also had a Japanese B/F she is now married to a Swede. I have a vast network of friends in Thailand and this kind of behaviour is apparently the norm rather than the exeption. Why do you think your wife is any different to other Thai women. It is also quite normal for for the whole family to be aware of the 2 or 3 timing bitch's but keep mum about it.

I always like to think my wife is not different than any other Thai gf/wife but if I read statements like this I start thinking that my wife is different. Husband driving the bus? <deleted>? Some men really need some Hulk injections.

Excuse me guys but if I love a woman she is mine and I am hers.

While I go out and have sex with other women, I could not stand that if she does the same.

Why? Because if men have sex with other women it's always clear that it's only about sex, nothing else and everything will be kept intact (family ties, children, house, car, payments, etc). If a woman has an affair, love is always a factor and will mostly lead in a divorce.

It's a culture thing,nothing to do with feeling insecure.80% of thais [men and woman] are never happy with what they have,always look for improvement.It's also an education thing,smart and sexy girls have and need a wide selection of guys.Most important thing is money,Thai girl want farang because they think farang is rich,u can be ugly to much but they still marry ,but be sure they will have a thai gig.How many hiso girls do u see with farang?Almost none,because they have money already or have their rich thai guy,besides of that khun hiso hates farang.So most of us will end up with khun lowso or khun normal.If u have an ugly girl she will check u permanent,if u have a sexy girl she will give a f... what u do because easy to find new guy.Not only thai guys are violent,girls are not to different.Most of those killer guys kill because lost face and can't handle to see "their property"with another guy.I have a nice girlfriend,good job and education,not to ugly[7out of 10]I trust her but I NEVER GIVE HER CHANCE to do anything what could end our relation,Trust is good,but with trust only u will be always the loser,control is the winner,not only in relation.by the way my gf checks me too,she can permanent locate me via app on her and my phone,sounds crazy or paranoid but u want to have happy relation in thailand then that's the only way.I know there are also some"good"girls but i'm to old for searching

My wife asks me sometimes whether I think if I would be the only boyfriend of a 19 year old mia noi.

I answer, I don't care, it is only the mia noi and not my wife.

My wife goes out most mornings about 6.30 to exercise or play badminton, when she comes back a couple of hours later she is all hot and sweaty ,so she either Is working out,or my God he is a hell of a lover. I trust her completely and in 24 years have never had any cause whatsoever not to .

Reminded me of the Jimmy Buffett song.....Above..... Edited by pgrahmm

• 1 month later...

Thailand is old world - Still a "man's world".

Plutonic-friendship = grounds for suspicion .

Survival consciousness runs the day.

A mono-culture where many faces of the same person meet and mingle.....

just warming-up before I head over to the cliche festival where,after mid-night one can witness the drama of 'man/boy Thai' take on whiskey-damaged Somchai to see who takes home little-tittie Thai...... There's a pattern here to see and soon it will be clear to me!

Observe the parenting-styles of the Thai Gen-Pop,you may find interesting clues pointing to the developed patterns of negative behavior so prevalent in the stereotypical Thai-man.

Figure in a complex blend of culture,psycho-socio expectation,hierarchical structures et.... and wha-la! a recipe for "Thai-Man".

To make the outlook more obtuse for Thai-man,we Farang-Men generally find it near impossible to have a friendly relationship with Thai-Man that doesn't involve a whiskey-bottle...of course language being a barrier (it doesn't have to be),instead we focus ALL our attention on their women....gosh,darn.

Im joking about all this of course....but for anyone who has lived here and mixed and mingled in Thai-society,over time certain patterns of behavior reveal themselves.

The OP has raised an interesting topic and with no derogatory undertone.

Thai-Man hardly has the patient right on base-insecurity,jealousy,cunningness,greed et... common in fact (in content) throughout the spectrum of the human family.

However, it is wise to know thy neighbor and when to stay away....here in Thailand your very life may depend on it.

You really believe this? Funny. If anything, the Thai guys love throwing us their crumbs. I've not yet met one Thai guy who's remotely threatened by non-Thais "stealing" their women. If anything, they're privately appreciative that we're taking their uglies out of the gene pool.

Ya, for them they seem to be ugly. But well, you know how they appear to our sexual interest thumbsup.gif

• 1 year later...