Finding A Really Nice Place To Live In Bangkok

sobe

http://bangkok.craigslist.org/apa/223283053.html

saw this place 45000THB , is that about right for a really nice furnished place in a high-rise in Bangkok . I will be going in a few weeks and want to rent a really nice place close to the Bumrungrad hospital . I want to find as nice a place as I can and do not mind sighing a lease whatever it takes to have a ultra nice place on a high floor .

Is 45000THB unrealistic for that kind of a place or will it take much more $$ . It was suggested to me to just live in the Omni Towers but at $50 a night it comes out to well over a thousand bucks a month .

Is there a place to go on the web to really find nice places for lease any help would be appreciated . I will have my ticket and visa in a few days and wanted to take a cab right to the place I would be living at instead of looking when I got there . I have serious medical things to deal with as soon as I get there and do not want to be bothered with searching for a place . I do not mind spending a lot of money on the right place but have no idea what that will cost . Thanks again,

You get what you pay for and I want the nicest place I can find . I live in Miami Beach and anything nice is close to 5 or 6K same in Manhattan where my other place was so whatever a nice place in Bangkok is it is a deal compared to where I live . How do you find the nice places I keep seeing these nasty places for like 15,000-20,000 THB where do you go to find the ultra nice places ?

You get what you pay for and I want the nicest place I can find . I live in Miami Beach and anything nice is close to 5 or 6K same in Manhattan where my other place was so whatever a nice place in Bangkok is it is a deal compared to where I live . How do you find the nice places I keep seeing these nasty places for like 15,000-20,000 THB where do you go to find the ultra nice places ?

You can get a decent place for 45k. If I were you I would pay maybe 60 k and go for a serviced apartment.That way you dont have to deal with the agents, you can deal with the place directly.

The ones I would consider would be Chateau de Bangkok on Soi Ruamrudee (Virtually opposite the soi where the hospital is situated) around 45-55k per month.

Centrepoint on Wireless Road or Conrad Residences on Wireless road, alittle more expensive, maybe 60-65k.

These places are extremely nice, service is excellent. Unfortunately I do not have the numbers to hand. I will try to find them and get back to you.

http://bangkok.craigslist.org/apa/223283053.html

saw this place 45000THB , is that about right for a really nice furnished place in a high-rise in Bangkok . I will be going in a few weeks and want to rent a really nice place close to the Bumrungrad hospital . I want to find as nice a place as I can and do not mind sighing a lease whatever it takes to have a ultra nice place on a high floor .

Is 45000THB unrealistic for that kind of a place or will it take much more $$ . It was suggested to me to just live in the Omni Towers but at $50 a night it comes out to well over a thousand bucks a month .

Is there a place to go on the web to really find nice places for lease any help would be appreciated . I will have my ticket and visa in a few days and wanted to take a cab right to the place I would be living at instead of looking when I got there . I have serious medical things to deal with as soon as I get there and do not want to be bothered with searching for a place . I do not mind spending a lot of money on the right place but have no idea what that will cost . Thanks again,

phone numbers as promised.

Conrad, All Seasons Place, Wireless Rd, 02 690 9999 5-10 min taxi ride to Bumrungrad

Centre Point, Wireless Rd, 02 659 5000.

Chateau de Bangkok, Soi Ruam Rudee, 02 651 4322. 5 min to the hospital.

Believe me these places are a million times better than Omni Tower and are conveniently placed for the hospital.

Hope that helps.

You can get a decent place for 45k. If I were you I would pay maybe 60 k and go for a serviced apartment.That way you dont have to deal with the agents, you can deal with the place directly.

The ones I would consider would be Chateau de Bangkok on Soi Ruamrudee (Virtually opposite the soi where the hospital is situated) around 45-55k per month.

Centrepoint on Wireless Road or Conrad Residences on Wireless road, alittle more expensive, maybe 60-65k.

These places are extremely nice, service is excellent. Unfortunately I do not have the numbers to hand. I will try to find them and get back to you.

many thanks , sounds like that is the way to goy ... again many thanks

http://www.asiatraveltips.com/ChateaudeBangkok.htm

Deluxe Studio (50sqm with Jacuzzi)

THB 3,400 ++

THB 55,349 ++

great tip I owe ya !

Edited by sobe

Some things to think about:

1) How "serious" is your condition? Will you need to go to the hospital daily? Finding a taxi and getting around Sukhumvit could be a real pain during traffic hours. It could take 45 min. to go 1km in gridlock.

2) Do you have allergy? Some top-end buildings have a close loop ventilation system so you can't even open the window for fresh air. For instance, Bumrungrad Suites (brand new), which is a very nice setup, about 200m from the door of the hospital, is actually pretty bad if you have allergy.

3) If you don't mind mediocre accomodation, just go for the Bumrungrad Residence. The 1-bedrooms are clean and have small balconies. You can open the window/doors. And you're right inside the hospital so there is no worries about getting to the hospital.

Best of luck.

Some things to think about:

1) How "serious" is your condition? Will you need to go to the hospital daily? Finding a taxi and getting around Sukhumvit could be a real pain during traffic hours. It could take 45 min. to go 1km in gridlock.

2) Do you have allergy? Some top-end buildings have a close loop ventilation system so you can't even open the window for fresh air. For instance, Bumrungrad Suites (brand new), which is a very nice setup, about 200m from the door of the hospital, is actually pretty bad if you have allergy.

3) 2) Do you have allergy just go for the Bumrungrad Residence. The 1-bedrooms are clean and have small balconies. You can open the window/doors. And you're right inside the hospital so there is no worries about getting to the hospital.

Best of luck.

1. Very serious but I do not know who will do the surgery or surgeries I need , so I will be looking in addition to meeting with the Bumrungrad staff . But I could walk 1km ( feels so strange to say that for 20 years I ran 8 to 12 miles a day before this happened to me )

2. 2) No allergy's but I want t be on a high floor with a view and balcony this is a must this trip is going to be hel_l and I want to make it as comfortable as possible . Going to Bangkok for medical reasons instead of going for a good time sucks .

3. I think it would be far too depressing to stay in the Bumrungrad Residence , being alone and going for health problems I want to be in a fun environment if that is possible to take my mind off of the reality of all this.

http://www.centrepoint.com/Locations/ApartmentRates.aspx

trying to find the best building ,high floor slamin view , and good location .. thanks all

this http://www.centrepoint.com/Locations/ApartmentRates.aspx recomendation was great and gives me some hope of knowing that I can get off a plane and go right into a nice place .

Conrad, All Seasons Place, Wireless Rd, 02 690 9999 5-10 min taxi ride to Bumrungrad

Centre Point, Wireless Rd, 02 659 5000.

Chateau de Bangkok, Soi Ruam Rudee, 02 651 4322. 5 min to the hospital.

tried all of these # always busy signal :o hope this is not an indication of what this journey is going to be like .

I agree. These 15-20K places in the area you're looking are really foul; I know cause I looked at some of them. Stick withyour price range of 45-55K for a studio or maybe even 1BR close to hospital and you should be able to get a decent 4 star place. Don't listen to the closet dwellers in the slums who think they found paradise for 5K per month. Happy searching, there's a lot in that area

I dunno, but i would get claustrophic in those 40K to 45K places mentioned here. At least the ones i have seen in that area. The really nice places where you have some space in that area go for 100K and more.

In older buildings in that area you get for 15K to 25K far spacier rooms. But the buildings are not exactly fresh, and you can expect to hear noise arguments between sexpats and their nighty visitors.

Not having that money available, i feel i am better off renting a bit outside a detached house with garden near the underground for 8K though. :o

Friend of mine paid 35K a month for 1700 sq. ft., 2-bedroom plus maid's room of the kitchen, two big balconies on the 8th floor a block from Asoke near soi Cowboy. It was beautiful.

If you look around a bit I'm sure you can find similar, no need to pay 60K.