New Checkpoint Checking Toxic Exhaust Fumes and Black Exhaust Fumes

Tywais

New Checkpoint Checking Toxic Exhaust Fumes and Black Exhaust Fumes

February 15, 2016

CityNews – Authorities, led by Chiang Mai Mayor, Tassanai Buranupakron, have started a campaign to crack down on cars and vehicles that expell black and toxic fumes from their exhausts in a bid to reduce the air pollution of Chiang Mai.

post-566-0-39913200-1455556359_thumb.jpg

Many people get health problems from the increasing smog problem that Chiang Mai encounters every February to April during the burning season. What adds to this pollution is car fumes, with more cars on Chiang Mai’s roads, the mayor wants to help reduce pollutants expelled by unhealthy engines by setting up checkpoints checking for toxic exhaust fumes.

Read more here - Chiang Mai CityNews

cn.png
-- Chiang City News February 15, 2016

It does not help either that the diesel here is not of the best quality.

last time I was at the testing station,the truck in front of me filled

the place with black smoke when they tested it,but still got a pass.

regards Worgeordie

Where is tthe checkpoint ?

Yeah, would like to know too.. They used to have it on the Lamphun Road, nearish to the transport department building.

Would like to avoid it..

(When driving very frugally for a week or whatever and then suddenly revving the engine, a whole lot of smoke comes out until it clears, then it's clear even when revving the engine. I normally drive frugally so if I hit a checkpoint then I may be toast.. I guess I'll make sure to rev higher more regularly just in case.)

• 4 months later...

Archived